JANUARY 2017 PRAYER POINTS
Prayer Points for favour in a new land
Prayer Points for favour in a new year
For many reading this, the year 2016 was a year full of pain, disappointment, trepidation, heartache or loss. For others, the year was one of great accomplishments and perhaps the beginning of many positive years to come. Regardless, through it all, we thank God, and we give Him all the Glory because guess what? We made it!!
As we begin the new year, we enter into new land, In the name of Jesus! We pray for favour in this new season. We declare that those who faced persecution, those who faced rejection and failure will find favour in this coming year. Those who reached great heights in 2016 we speak elevation into your life, growth, we pray that may He enlarge your territory. “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted this request.
On our knees we say:
Father we thank you for this past year and the trials that came with it. We thank you that you stood by us, we thank you that we were never alone, that in the difficult moments you comforted us and in the good moments you celebrated with us. As we enter this new land we pray for your guidance and we pray that you will fight our battles. We pray into this coming year that you will go ahead of us as you did the Israelites, fire by day and cloud by night, deliver our enemies into our hands. In the Name of Jesus.
0000-0100 Fasting Philippians 4: 6
- I bring my requests to the Lord through prayer and petition.
- I declare a new season over my life.
- Discernment to rise! And act when the glory of God shines upon me.
- The ability to surrender my will to God.
- To trust and believe that the will of God will prevail and that His plan for me surpasses any plan of mine.
- I pray that God may grant me the wisdom to position myself according to His will.
0200-0300 Leading Joshua 3: 14
- I pray for clarity as God speaks concerning my new territory.
- As God led the Israelites into the land of milk and honey, cloud by day and fire by night, so He will lead me!
- I give the Holy Spirit complete dominion and control over all areas of my life! As He leads, I will follow.
- As the Spirit of God leads, I pray for strength to follow His direction.
- The sincerity to follow the will of God in my life despite what the world will think and or say.
- The obedience to follow the instructions of God that are designed to deliver me into new land.
0400-0500 I Surrender Jeremiah 29: 11
- I surrender all the desires of my heart to you God.
- I surrender my business and financial prosperity into your hands.
- I surrender my expectations of what my life ‘should’ be in return for what the plan that you have for my life.
0500-0600 The wait John 16: 33
- I pray for the patience to wait as God works.
- I understand that challenges will come, I pray ahead into these situations that I may have the wisdom to remember that the timing of God is perfect.
- Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I have no control over.
0600-0700 Attacks from the Enemy
- I know that when God has spoken into my life and when He has promised to deliver me into a new season of prosperity, I know that Satan will attempt to deter me, he will attempt to distract me, he will attempt to intimidate me and he will attempt to steal my birth right. I pray for a Spirit of discernment. Isaiah 41: 10
- I proclaim that victory is guaranteed. Victory belongs to me. When in battle against the enemy I do not fight for victory, I fight from victory. In the name of Jesus.
- “You come against me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the army of Israel, whom you have defied.” 1 Samuel 17:45
- I pray for friends that are hungry for the things of your kingdom.
- Reveal to me the people whom I call friends but do not have my best interests at heart.
- Mould me into the kind of Godly brother/sister that I so desire to find in others.
0800-0900 Faith Romans 8: 30
- I believe that although I may not know exactly what He is planning, God is intentional towards me. He has a plan concerning my life. He knew me before I was conceived. He knows what is best for me.
- I am asking God for a renewal of faith where it may have been tested or an increase in faith where I have remained steadfast.
- I know that the God who halted the flow of the waters of the Jordan river so that the Israelites would cross over into Jericho, is the same God that will do the same for me! Joshua 4 : 7
0900-1000 Deliver my enemies into my hands.
- Father I pray for indescribable favour, I pray that you will go ahead of me into this unchartered territory.
- I pray that waters will part in my favour and close over my enemies. I pray that my opposers will be delivered into the palm of my hand.
- I declare that the stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone! Psalm 118:22
1000-1100 Arise! Shine! Isaiah 60:1
- Arise! Shine! For MY light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon ME.
- THIS is my season! Father we pray for strength to rise up to your call. For wisdom to realize that the time is now! This is the moment we have been praying and believing you for.
- I will bask in the glory of the Lord and proclaim that HE is Lord and His timing is perfect!
1100-1200 Favour in new land. Joshua 1: 3-10
- I pray that God give me complete understanding of the dominion that I have over the new land He has given me.
- May this new season in my life be a testament to Gods faithfulness. I declare that God is good. I believe that God listens to all my prayers and I am aware that it is not by chance that I am here. I give God ALL the glory.
- I pray for diligence in this new season. May the works of my hands be pleasing to you. May the fruits of this land bring glory to your name.
- I declare with full understanding that God is faithful.
- He will never leave me nor forsake me in my hour of need.
- When he delivers into my hands no one including Satan can take that away from me. Isaiah 14 : 27
- I grab hold of peace which surpasses all understanding because I know that anything else is not of the Lord and is merely a ploy by the enemy to steal my joy.
- God has not given me a Spirit of timidity, but a Spirit of power, love and self discipline. 2 Timothy 1 : 7
- I will hold onto the promises of God because my life depends on it.
1400-1500 Serving the Lord
- Father reveal to me how I can serve you? How can I bring further glory to your name?
- Help me to remember that loving those around me, is in service and obedience to you.
- Reveal to me the people in my life who need to feel your presence. Make my life living proof that you do exist and are indeed faithful.
1500-1600 Love 1 Corinthians 13
- Help me to love those around me as you have loved me.
- May my love never be something that needs to be earned. Strengthen me to love ALL those that cross my path.
- Show me how to love you Lord.
- I speak health into my body, into my children, my husband, my parents, my siblings, my co-workers, my in-laws and my friends!
- The same Jesus Christ who healed the blind will heal me.
- The same Spirit of God which dwells in Jesus Christ dwells in me!
1700-1800 The Invisible Battle Ephesians 6:12
- I thank you that God that you have given me the privilege of swaying the balance toward victory in the name of Jesus Christ.
- In life’s battles, which I know will come, I know that I do not fight for victory but that I fight from victory!
- I declare in the face of all my negative circumstances that Satan is not a peer or a counterpart of God and that he is no match for my God!
1800-1900 This I know: (declare it, understand it, and believe it!)
- Only our God is omnipresent.
- Only our God is eternal.
- Because I have a relation with Jesus Christ, I am seated with Him in heavenly places.
1900-2000 Marriages John10:10
- Father we thank you for all of your children that are either about to get married, are married or believing you for marriage and are reading this, we speak life into their marriages.
- I come against any ploy of the enemy to steal my joy, through my marriage! Father in the name of Jesus Christ restore what the enemy has stolen!
- On this day going forwards I will no longer fight my spouse in the hope of a breakthrough in our marriage, but I will fight on my knees and believe that nothing is impossible for my God.
2000-2100 Children Genesis 47:19
- Father I dedicate my children to you.
- I pray for a blessing and a covering all my children and my children’s children.
- The enemy will not have his way with my children in the name of Jesus.
**We speak deliverance and restoration into all who are reading this. In the Name of Jesus.
2100-2200 The Old has gone, the new is here!!
- Reveal to me the ways in which I have made myself liable to destruction. Joshua 7 : 10
- In what ways do I open the door for the enemy to enter into my life?
- I believe that I am a new creation in Christ. My old habits no longer have dominion over me in the name of Jesus Christ.
2200-2300 Holy Spirit John 16: 8
- Spirit of the Living God, I invite you into ALL areas of my life.
- I pray that as I pray this prayer may your presence overwhelm me and every obstacle in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, lead the way.
- Thus far the Lord has helped me! 1 Samuel 7 : 12
- Do not fear, for I am with you (insert name) Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will help you (insert name) and I will strengthen you and I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41 : 10
- Now to Him, who is able to do EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY, ABOVE, ALL that we could ever ask or think, according to the power that works in us, TO HIM BE THE GLORY.
Ephesians 3: 20-21.
Originally posted 2017-01-06 00:26:52.