PRAYING FOR THE 2018 WITH PRAYER POINTS FOR THE NEW YEAR
At the start of every year we aim to power up in prayer. 2018 is no different. Our challenge for you is to make this year your greatest year of prayer and pursuit of God yet! Every form of greatness ever seen through God is preceded by prayer! It is preceded by sacrifice. It is not an easy thing to commit to prayer, consistently. We are not talking about praying here and there. This is not what this year will be about. This is the year that you and I embody the mantle of “praying without ceasing”. All else will have season, but prayer is never out of season! The last season was a season of prayer, this season will be a season of prayer, and the next season will also be a season of prayer. Let us be radically transformed in our commitment to prayer in this year. God has a lot in store for every single one of us this year, but so does the enemy! While God had glory at his right hand planned for Christ, the devil had betrayal, he had hate, he had denial, he had crucifixion. The one that prevailed is what Christ stood for in prayer, even at the hardest of moments when his flesh was not keen on it. “If possible, let this cup pass me by.” Yet he knew that cup was part of his purpose. Let your purpose not pass you by in this year, in Jesus’ name.
As we were in prayer towards the end of 2017, the Lord gave our team a wonderful word for 2018. He said this will be a year characterised by MILESTONES! There are things that we all set out to achieve, this is a year that will be characterised by those milestones. This is a word that we have been championing, believing God for and praying into. The results have already started to manifest in ministry. I am humbled to tell you that we have reached more people in the first 10 days of 2018 than we did in the entire 2015, than we did in the entire 2016 and are on course to reach more people this month alone than we did in the entire 2014. We couldn’t be more grateful. The seeds that have been sown in love, in prayer, in labour and sacrifice are begin to live up to the word that the Lord gave us for 2018. Let this be a year of MILESTONES for you as well!!!
More than anything, we want to make these prayer points for the new year as practical as possible. As a ministry, we believe that prayer must be practical. Get a pad and a pen, if you do not already have a prayer journal.
Father, we have witnessed transformation as a ministry, and as individuals. Do it this year. Let this year be filled with testimonies of your goodness in the land of the living. Raise an uncompromising generation of prayer warriors in homes, in nations, in schools, in the workplace and most importantly in our churches. We ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen
Before we starting using our minds to formulate a vision for the year, we want to seek the Lord for direction.
There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
- Lord I cast my thoughts before you, let those thoughts be guided by you. Let every thought be captive to Christ and his will for my life.
- Strip me of all forms of pride, and thinking I know things. Show me the way, Lord. I don’t want to go in a way that seems right to me but end up in death.
- Open my eyes to your wisdom, and my ears to good counsel.
- Give me vision for today, for tomorrow and for generations to come.
- Grant me wisdom and grace to prepare today for what is to come tomorrow. Just as you helped Joseph store away for a famine in times of plenty. Just as the ant prepares and stores away for the winter, grant me that foresight. I refuse to live for the thrills of today at the expense of a future.
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
This is where that note and pad come into play. Be silent before the Lord, and listen to his guidance. Seek him for a vision for you. Write it down to refer to it this year, to refer to it later, to refer to it as part of your testimony of his goodness to you. Write down the vision as you hear from the Lord.
- Lord give me vision for my marriage.
- Father I seek vision for my children.
- Lord I seek vision for my business/job.
- Dear Lord give me vision for my life, what am I to do with each day that you have granted me. I refuse to live passively.
- I pray for vision for my friends and colleagues, and for every relationship that I am in.
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
Establishment is a milestone. We are believing God for establishment in this year. For firm foundations that will not be shaken.
- Lord I don’t want to be a part of anything that you are not a part of this year!
- Give me wisdom to know what to be a part of, and what to walk away from, even when it looks good.
- You said to ask for wisdom where it is lacking, Lord we ask for wisdom to do your will in this year.
- Grant us wisdom to build everything that we set out to build this year.
- I would rather fail with you, than succeed knowing you were not there with me, Lord. Give me wisdom to understand the difference. Give me boldness to stand by that conviction.
- Open my eyes to the understanding of your will, to differentiate it from the world’s ways.
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Father instil in me the discipline to be patient, to not want to rush the process, and to trust in your sovereignty even when it makes no sense. Your ways are high than mine!
- I refuse to be foolish enough to trust in my own strength this year, for the battle is not to the strong. Grant me grace to yield to you. May your strength be made perfect in my weakness, in Jesus’ name. Amen
- Lord I pray for favour in this year. For it is favour that can lift a man to places no skill can.
- May I be found in the right places at the right time to meet opportunities in this year. By your grace and favour, through Christ Jesus.
- Teach me to wait on you Lord, that may strength may be renewed.
- I will run and not be weary this year! I will walk in your will and never grow faint.
More than anything we recognise that we were not meant to walk through life as lone rangers. Even Christ, in all his ability and wisdom had helpers. We ware believing God for helpers this year.
- Lord I pray for wisdom and humility to recognise and take good counsel.
- Surround me with people who will enable and enrich my walk with you.
- Father send me teachers to equip me this year.
- We are trusting you for an increase in mighty intercessors who will stand in the gap, not just for me, but for the body of Christ. Raise more and more of those wonderful men and women.
- Raise destiny helpers for me, and for my family and my friends. Let destinies come to pass in this season.
OPPORTUNITY TO BLESS
And he said unto his daughters, And where is he? why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.
The heart of the church is broken. For the most part we do things with an expectation of getting something back. We see this even in the most seemingly noble of acts. We give with expectation of filling our pews on a Sunday. Yet Jesus would often do good and tell those he did good for to go away and tell no one. That heart and mind of Christ is lost in our desires to be praised. This is becoming increasingly deep seated so much so that we don’t notice this decay in ourselves.
- Father grant me means and opportunity to be bless others.
- May I bless them in ways and places that only you can see, for the reward I seek is only from you.
- Rid our hearts of the desire for men’s praise.
- Take away the desire to accumulate things on this earth, where moth and decay will devour it.
- Clean our hearts Lord, refill us with overflowing love for mankind, that we may truly love them as you would.
- May you grace open doors through my kindness. As Moses’ path was opened by a random act of kindness, let that be my testimony.
- Search our hearts Lord, rid me of self-serving, selfish ways that are clothed as your way.
The church is Christ’s bride. If she is important to him, she must also be important to us. We want to pray for her today.
John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- Father remove all rot, decay and falsehood within your bride. Cleanse her from within.
- Raise more and more men and women who are after your own heart, to serve in the church.
- May her true nature be evident through us.
- Teach us to be men and women of action, not men who will simply be heard in our criticism of the church. May we be the change, as you were.
- Father may we be known by love. Let love outshine every smear that has come over the church in the last few years.
- Rid us of greed and selfishness.
Most people will agree that they have seem more and more hurtful and hateful acts in recent history, among with some equally great acts of love. Whether social media has just opened our eyes to things that were already rampant is not worth our time on this occasion. There is a need for healing, for reconciliation and love. This is the ministry that we need today. You know the needs of your city and of your country more than most. Stand in the gap and cry out to a God who answers!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Father we come humbly before you. We confess that we have forsaken your ways as cities and nations across the world. We do not love like you do. We do not give like you do. There is deep seated hatred among us. We desperately need your intervention.
- Open the hearts and eyes of our leaders, to bridge division and not to create them.
- May the church be known to be a beacon of hope in these last days.
- Open our hearts to see beyond the differences that our eyes see.
- May we not be blinded by patriotism or nationalism, to the universal truth that is Christ.
- May we want better for our fellow man.
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
- Lord I pray that you would search my heart, search my thoughts and my deeds. If there is anything that hinders the prosperity of my show, reveal and help me defeat it.
- We come against all sickness and disease of the body. Renew and revive us oh Lord. May your word stand above the words of doctors. We will live and not die!
- We pray for the health of our brethren oh Lord. Grant them good health.
- We pray for the souls of those who do not know you. Open their eyes, draw their hearts to you oh Lord.
- Wherever there is brokenness, be the remedy.
- We come against bitterness and hatred, heal our hearts.
- We pray for the health of our marriages. The health of our relationship with you oh Lord. Grant us grace to seek you while you can still be found, and to love while we can.
- We speak divine healing where health is devoid. IN businesses, in marriages, in minds, in bodies, in spirit and in our souls, through Christ Jesus.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
- Father we repent of any and all times that we have knowingly or unwittingly rejected knowledge.
- Grant us grace to desire and pursue knowledge.
- Open our eyes to the purpose that you have set for our lives.
- We pray for the safeguarding of destinies that you have authored and set in motion.
- My purpose will be fulfilled oh Lord! I will not carry unfulfilled potential to the grave.
- May your word truly be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Our days will be driven by purpose!
- I will fulfil your purpose for me each day and this year as a whole.
- My mouth will declare your word, and I will live as such.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us: email@example.com
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you.
Originally posted 2018-01-10 22:35:53.