How to pray for nations: Prayer points for nations
Abraham was promised that the Lord would make a nation out of him. This is a promise that he carried to death. This is a promise he carried into old age when he didn’t have an heir, thus didn’t have the means for that promise to come to pass. Do you really live in the truth that God makes a way where there seems to be none? This is a truth that at times evaded Abraham himself, the epitome of faith. This is the same man who trusted God enough to be ready to give us the answer to his prayer, the means to his promise in the form of Isaac. Abraham understood that he served a God of means. He served a God whose ways are above ours. You don’t need to understand how he will do it, but to believe that he can and that he will. Let these prayer points for nations bring change into your sphere.
I challenge you to pray for nations with conviction. Approach the throne of grace with boldness. God will show up and show off on our behalf.
Father may your glory be seen in this. Every voice that is raised to the heavens, let it be in unison of spirit. Accept these prayers as a fragrance of humility and trust in you. Show your glory in our nations. Raise nations after your own heart. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
NATIONS PRAYER POINTS
1 Timothy 2:1-3 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quite and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior.
- Father, remove leaders and men of authority that you did not set up. Give our nations selfless leaders, men and women of wisdom and understanding; leaders who will not cause your people to err.
- Father grant us wise leaders whose hearts will set to know and to search out and to seek true wisdom and the reason of things, and to know that wickedness is folly; to perceive the words of understanding; to receive the instruction of justice, judgment and equity.
1 Chronicles 13:1 And David consulted with the captains of thousands and hundreds, and with every leader.
- Father grant our leaders the ability to distinguish between righteous counsel and the deceitful counsels of the wicked. Surround them with righteous men and women who will give them sound advice. May government halls and buildings around the world be filled with wise counsel and understanding.
Jeremiah 29:7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away as captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
- Father guard us and keep us in perfect and constant peace for our minds are stayed on You, because we commit ourselves to You, we lean on you and hop confidently on you. Lord ordain peace for us, for you have also wrought in us and for us all our works.
- Lord teach us the way of peace in our goings as nations, make our crooked paths straight so that when we go in them w may know peace. Lord we pray that your thoughts and plans for us as nations, for peace and welfare may be established on earth.
- Grant us the ability as nations to follow after the things which make for peace, and things which cause us to build up one another as nations. Lord may your peace rule in the hearts of men all over the world, let it mount guard over hearts and minds in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- Father remove hatred and contentions from the hearts of men in various nations across the world, cause your love to reign in the hearts of men and cover all transgression between nations.
- Open our hearts and minds as nations that we may come to know the love of Christ which surpasses mere knowledge and facts, that we may be filled unto all the fullness of God and become nations wholly filled and flooded with God.
- Grant us the ability to walk in love towards all men, may we see beyond our racial and tribal differences. Teach us to esteem and delight in on another as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God.
- May our hearts be comforted and cheered as they are knit together in love, that they may become more intimately acquainted with Christ. Lord make us to increase and excel and overflow in love for one another and for all people, just as we also do for you.
- Lord direct our hearts into realizing and showing the love of God and into steadfastness and patience of Christ and in waiting for His return. Grant us the ability to love in deed, truth, in practice and in sincerity.
4. The Gospel
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Father raise more laborers of the gospel within our nations, may the good news we deliver enrich the poor in spirit, heal the brokenhearted, deliver the captives, bring recovery of sight to the blind and set at liberty them that are bruised.
- Lord open the minds of unbelievers in various nations across the globe to see the illuminating light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, Who is the image and likeness of God.
- Thank you Lord for committing the message and ministry of reconciliation to us, may those who hear our message mix it with faith and be fruitful in their lives.
- Lord we pray that your word may spread rapidly and run its course and be glorified and triumph, that ministers of your word may be delivered from wicked and unreasonable men.
- Grant freedom of utterance to all ministers of the word and boldness to proclaim the mystery of the good news.
Romans 13:13 Let us walk earnestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
- Father grant us the grace to live and conduct ourselves honorably and becomingly as in the day, not in reviling and drunkenness, not in immorality and debauchery, not in quarrelling and jealousy.
- Grant us the grace to shun immorality and all sexual looseness, to flee from impurity in thought, word or deed.
Thank you for using these prayer points. We encourage you to share them with other believers. We also have other prayer resources available for download, as well as a free prayer course that you should consider taking. Send us an email if you would like to partner with us.
Originally posted 2018-02-09 21:48:24.