Prayer For A Job
We are going to pray for your job or your business. These prayer points for my job are taken from scripture, and as such are very powerful, do not take them lightly. God is still fighting in your corner.
These prayer points for your job are preceded by scripture, you are encouraged to read the scripture and pray as we go through each one. Let’s get started praying for a job breakthrough.
We are called to watchful, vigilant and prayerful in all we do. The workplace is a mashup of people from all sorts of beliefs and fact, and lack thereof.
The sheer amount of spirits that we unwittingly come into contact within the workplace is beyond what could be put into words. You don’t know what your co-workers are carrying. You don’t know if or what they may be running from. In these last days, demonic activity is rife. Do not be caught un-pre-prayed!
Your prayers should be feared in the workplace. In fact, you will find that the enemy is doing more and more to stop prayers in these places of gathering. There is an onslaught against prayer in schools, there is one against prayer in the workplace.
People have lost their jobs for sayings harmless phrases such as “God bless you!” What makes you think you are safe? Will you wait for things to happen to you for you to begin to take a stand? Not with these prayer points for your job at hand! Harness them!
Creation groans for sons and daughters that will bring Christ and his wholeness into the workplace. All of creation is groaning for sons and daughters that will stand against the plots of the enemy in these places. I want to challenge you to be a prayed up worker!
When you are prayed up, the atmosphere shifts whenever you arrive at a place. Christ in you is released in his fullness. God forbid that the devil would feel comfortable doing his bidding in your presence! Get ready to raise a prayer for your job!
There are people who are placed in these places just to frustrate you. People will come into the workplace just to steal your joy, to ridicule your faith, to blind you with a bitterness that you may not see the glory of the name of the Lord.
I declare in the name of Jesus, you will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. You will see the goodness of the Lord in your workplace.
From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.
Have you ever wondered what changed with the arrival of John the Baptist? Purpose what imminent! Salvation was imminent! Destiny was imminent!
John the Baptist was a sign of intent, something was about to shift. This is something that will carry on today. You will undoubtedly have seen this in your own life.
Destiny demands a struggle, it is never merely handed over! The violent take it by force! Force a shift by means of your stubborn faith and relentless prayer!
The devil will not let you rest, why should you let him rest! Are you ready to war? Let the prayer points for your job be an aid in your arsenal of prayer!
I don’t like my boss
I have come to learn that the Lord blesses us when we honour those who lead us, regardless of their incapacity. Your honour is not directed at the individual, but the post that they occupy. As we pray there are some who find stagnancy, and cannot identify its cause.
We become stagnant at times because of our disregard for those who lead. In the eyes of the Lord, obedience is greater than any sacrifice. Christ’s sacrifice was great, but it was his obedience that kept him on the course all the way to the cross.
Obedience is the key to destiny. I can understand that it is very difficult to respect and to honour some individuals. However, this is what the Lord has commanded.
Some of us are not performing in the work placed based on the fact that they do not like the boss or their supervisor, perhaps the company as a whole. To liberate yourself of this burden one ought to learn this simple truth.
No matter what your job is, or where you work. Christ is your boss. Your performance and attitude will always reflect upon him. You are his ambassador in the workplace.
You are his ambassador wherever you go. Your attitude will determine to what altitude he can raise you up to. The parable of the stewards sums this up for us.
You are in your job because you possess a certain quality or skill. You are therefore a steward of that skill, your productivity with that skill gives God a platform to raise you onto. Heavenly Father, I repent of any and all attitude that I have had that has reflected badly on you.
I recognise that you are my boss. I resolve to work with that in mind in all that I’ll do from here on. Grant me the grace to be patient and honouring towards all leaders, as it is an honour to you. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen. The Lord is your boss!!
Prayer Points for your job
John 21:5 He called out to them, Friends, haven’t you any fish? No, they answered.
John 21:6 He said, Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some. When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
- Whatever you have started without him, be it a job or a business or any sort of endeavour we invite him in today. Pray and ask that he takes the lead. Surrender it to him. All the failures and successes that it may have brought, just surrender it all. I declare you will bear more fruit through surrender than by hanging on in your own strength. Pray right now. Write down every area you are surrendering to him, if for nothing else, as a record of this commitment.
John 21:9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.
- Secondly, we want to pray for your leaders in whatever you are doing. May you find favour in their eyes. In the name of Jesus you are praying that any area that you may struggle, others will share their fruit with you. You will not always have to sweat for a meal. The Lord will favour you, tables will be set for you even before you contribute. Pray
John 21:10 Jesus said to them,Bring some of the fish you have just caught. 11 So Simon Peter climbed back into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, but even with so many the net was not torn.
- You are going to pray that the Lord enable you to be a giver. The bible says he gives seed to the sower. Pray that your heart be open to release things. In Jesus name, you are released into generosity. Any form of greed or selfishness that is in you, may the Lord remove right now as you pray.
- Verse 11 says it was full of LARGE fish, pray and declare in the name of Jesus that you are growing from any small beginnings. You will not be stagnant. You are moving onto the large fish. Speak growth into your job, into your business, into your relationships, and most importantly into your relationship with God. Pray.
- It also says but even with so many, the net was not torn. Rebuke anyone or anything that will seek to tear down your means of provision. Anything or anyone that is seeking to pull you down in your job, in your business or in any other area that you care about. In the name of Jesus, we speak a covering over whatever put bread on your table. Your net will catch plenty of big fish and not tear. We speak longevity.
Prayer for new job
Prayer points for jobseeker/prayer for a new job
Prayer for employment should never be taken lightly. Society has conditioned us to base our self-value on what we do, more than who we are. That being said, we also want to put food on the table. Whether it is a prayer for a job offer, prayer for job security or standing in the gap in prayer for a job seeker. These prayer points will help.
May the favour of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us– yes, establish the work of our hands.
- Bless the works of my hands oh Lord!
- Dear God, open my eyes through prayer to find a job.
- Whatever my mind conceives, enable my hands to create.
Godplease give me boldness and bravery to step out in faith.
- Stretch me oh Holy Spirit, unto greatness.
- No fear will hinder my progression.
- By your grace, oh Lord, I am established. The works of my hands are established! In Jesus’ name!
Proverbs 18:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
- Father, I stand on your word! May my gifts make room for me!
- Lord cause me to be sought after in the areas of my gifting!
- Send great men and women from the West, from the East, from the North and from the South!
Prayer for Thanksgiving for new job
- Thank you, Lord for my new job.
- As I go into this new role, go ahead of me and with me!
- Make of me a great steward of this opportunity.
- Progression (enlarge my territory)!
- As I am faithful with this opportunity, father grant me more opportunity! Grant me greater roles! In Jesus’ name!
- Father make me a blessing to others in the workplace.
- Make me a blessing to my family and friends as a result of this job.
Prayer against strife in the workplace
Most people spend upwards of 35 hours in the workplace. It can be a high pressure and stressful environment. Marriages are broken as a result of men and women being broken in the workplace and coming back to break their partners at home.
Children are neglected as a result of people being trampled in the workplace and carrying depression and anxiety into their homes. Let that never be your portion.
If you are sitting in that boat today, as you pray today, may the anointing of the Lord cause you to rise and pick up your mat. When you pick that mat up, let it never be one that you ever settle in again. There are people whose sole purpose is to pull you down, let them try!
Isaiah 26:3 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
- Dear Lord, I thank you for giving me perfect peace in all situations!
- My mind remains on you no matter what surrounds me!
- I trust in you, oh Lord!
Exodus 14:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
One of the most common phenomenons in the workplace are as follows, “It was great until my new boss came in.” There are people who will come into positions of authority and make your life miserable. That is not the will of God for you.
There is a great tale about the late Dr. Benson Idahosa and a broadcasting boss. It is said that this man made life difficult for Dr. Idahosa as he sought to get Christian content onto television. Having failed to reach a satisfactory resolution, the late evangelist, simply left the man with these words, “You’re fired!”
In the natural realm, Benson didn’t have the authority to do this. Yet, he understood the word of the living God. Whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven. The television boss was subsequently let go off by the broadcasting company.
He was replaced by a man who opened doors for the Lord’s word to be shared on television. Let no one sit comfortably on your joy! Someone is about to get fired! Trust in God and watch things get shaken up. Are you ready to pray? Are you ready to really pray for your job?
- Heavenly Father any place that they gather to plan my misery, scatter them!
- Lord any place where they gather to sit on my dream, lift them off by the fire of the Holy Ghost!
- Any person, or spirit that takes
thep ositionagainst your will for me, remove them!
- In Jesus’ name, we fire anyone that is blocking my blessing using their position.
- We fire anyone that is blocking your will for my life using their position!
Prayer for those out of employment for too long
I will share with you a wonderful testimony in this regard. A few years ago, as a young minister I was approached by a gentleman who had applied for a job, attended an interview and been offered the job, yet remained unemployed.
You will wonder how that is possible. Well, it so happened that the man who offered him the job had subsequently left the company. Before leaving he had sent out the offer letter. When this gentleman followed up he was simply instructed to await the offer letter.
The devil is a lying bastard! He will have you waiting for something that the Lord has long released to you. If this is a familiar sight, let prayer bring it to a halt, in Jesus’ name. We prayed and the letter that had been missing in transit for over 6 months appeared that very week.
Bless the name of the Lord! As he did in this case, he can and will do it for you as well. He can do it for your family, for your friend, or whoever else you may be praying for today.
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
- Dear Lord, I bless your name for every open door that you have set before me!
- Thank you for watching over me and knowing my works!
- Your plans are for my goodness! No man can shut the doors you have set before me!
- Please Lord, at times I am of little strength, you make me strong!
- Grant me
graceto continue to keep your word, and never to deny your name! In Jesus’ name!
12 Then he said to me, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.
From this scripture we understand that, even before Daniel had opened his mouth to pray, his faithful God had sent help! Just because you cannot see what he is doing doesn’t mean God is doing nothing!
- Lord teach me to wait on you
- Teach me to be persistent in prayer
- Grant me grace to seek you in all things
- Thank you for always working all things for my good!
Isaiah 54:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.
- Dear Lord, we thank you for this wonderful heritage as saints.
- As weapons are formed, you lay them to waste for me!
- In Jesus’ name, I condemn any tongue that rises against me in judgement.
- Dear God, I silence the voice of the enemy in my workplace.
- I silence every voice working in the shadows against me.
- Reveal those who dig pits for my downfall. Bring them to shame, oh Lord!
- Anyone who digs a pit for my fall, let them be the ones to fall in the pit! In Jesus’ name! Amen
Amen. Hope these prayer points for your job have been a true blessing. We are grateful for prayer partners such as you, to pray with. We want to encourage you to continue to pray the word of God. God honours his word. If you have been blessed by this, share it with someone in need of such prayer.
Do not just pray for yourself either, pray these prayer points over a friend or colleague. If you would like us to agree with you in prayer for your employment breakthrough or anything else, please feel free to send us a prayer request, our team would be glad to pray with you.