PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT STATEMENT
We believe it is important that you know what we believe in and stand for and by. This is our statement of faith. Granted, it will not tell the full story, so please feel free to send an email if you need clarity. Our beliefs are all based on scripture. Anything written elsewhere about the Prayer Relay Movement’s beliefs, that does not mirror those within the scripture is likely fabricated. If you encounter anything that you believe is wrong in the way we are doing things, please call us out on it. Iron should sharpen iron, we refuse to become uncoachable, immune to correction. After all, we are only but dust.
- We believe in the BIBLE: We believe it to be the living word of a living God, written to timelessly speak his will. We believe that it was written through his guidance and inspiration. John 17:17
- We believe in GOD, as FATHER, SON (Jesus Christ) and HOLY SPIRIT. We believe that he is the ancient of days, the Alpha and Omega. We believe that the universe was created by him and exists only through him. Matthew 28:19
- We believe in Jesus, as Messiah as foretold by ancient prophecy throughout the bible. We believe that he was born, raised in flesh and died for mankind. Micah 5:2
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, and his fully functional work in this day and age. We believe he is still comforter, he is still counsellor. John 14:18, Acts 1:8
- We believe we can only be made righteous through Christ and not through works.
- We believe in the bride of Christ, the church, and her function today.
- We believe and stand for the gathering of the saints to strengthen and encourage one another.
- We believe in stewardship in all that we have, time, money, words and so on. The way we use these things should speak of the God we serve.
- We believe God still heals and performs all sorts of miracles today. Our prayers mirror this belief.
- We believe in unity across denominations, the body of Christ cannot stand divided.
- We believe in building personal and intimate relationships with God for all believers.
- We believe in reaching out to non-believers and sharing the wonderful gospel of the living father, to those who don’t know him and are living as orphans.
- We believe in eternal life, as the basis for all that we do today.
- We believe that all humans were created in God’s image, all creeds, races, shapes and sizes.
- If we haven’t already given it up with our name, we believe in the power, the purpose and the function of prayer now and forevermore.
- We believe in inclusivity, come as you are. Our purpose will never be that of shutting people out in judgement, but that of standing in the gap and building bridges between God and his sons and daughters, even those that don’t know or acknowledge that they are his children.
- We believe in growth, as a functional part of our stewardship.