A Prayer for Graduates
Graduation is an important milestone in life, marking the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one. It is an exciting time for graduates as they embark on their work lives and all that comes with it. For many, graduation is a time to reflect on their accomplishments and look forward to what lies ahead. Therefore, it is important to pause for a moment and pray for graduates as they begin this new stage of their lives.
Prayers for graduates can be used to give thanks for blessings on their educational journey, ask for guidance for the future, and offer protection from possible difficulties or challenges. Prayers can also be used to ask for God’s blessings on graduates as they walk their paths. Whether you are a parent, teacher, mentor, or friend of a graduate, prayers can be used to show your support and encouragement during this special time.
This blog post will explore some of the most popular graduation prayers that can provide comfort and inspiration for those graduating. We’ll also give tips on composing your personal prayer for graduates to send them words of love and encouragement tailored explicitly to them.
Pray for opportunities
Be strong and courageous, and do not be afraid, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
“I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.- Revelation 3:8
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. – Proverbs 3:5-6
Psalm 44:3, Proverbs 16:3, Ephesians 2:10
- Pray that graduates trust in the Lord with all their heart and lean not on their own understanding, as Joshua 1:9 reminds us.
- Ask that graduates have the wisdom to recognise opportunities when they arise, according to Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Pray that graduates are alert to the jobs and other opportunities the Lord has opened to them, as Revelation 3:8 teaches us.
- Ask the Lord to give graduates the courage to take advantage of all opportunities that come their way.
- Pray that graduates diligently pursue opportunities, trusting in God’s guidance.
- Ask that graduates have the strength to persevere when challenges arise in their pursuit of opportunities.
- Pray that graduates rely on God’s wisdom and strength when facing difficult choices in their pursuit of opportunities.
- Ask that graduates use their gifts and talents to seize the opportunities that come their way.
- Pray that graduates have the faith to take risks in pursuing the opportunities the Lord has set before them.
- Ask that graduates remain humble and thankful for their opportunities, trusting in the Lord.
- Pray for graduates to be aware of God’s opportunities as they move forward, as He says in Psalm 44:3.
- Ask God to help graduates commit their plans to Him and trust that He will direct their paths, as it says in Proverbs 16:3.
- Ask God to empower graduates to do the good works He has prepared for them, as described in Ephesians 2:10.
- Pray that graduates will be inspired to take advantage of God’s opportunities.
- Ask God to open the doors of opportunity for graduates as they move forward.
- Ask God to give graduates the courage to take risks and seize the opportunities He has put in front of them.
- Pray that graduates will have the wisdom to recognize the unique opportunities God has created for them.
- Ask God to give graduates the strength and endurance to take advantage of the opportunities He has provided.
- Pray that graduates will be filled with faith and hope as they pursue God’s opportunities.
Pray for wisdom
Proverbs 3:13-14: “Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.”
Job 28:28: “And he said to the human race, ‘The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.’”
Proverbs 16:16: “How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.”
James 1:5: “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
Proverbs 4:7: “The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight.”
Proverbs 9:10: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.”
- Pray that graduates would be blessed with wisdom from above, as Proverbs 3:13-14 states.
- Ask God to help graduates to discern knowledge and understand wisdom, as Job 28:28 declares.
- Pray that graduates would have the ability to make wise decisions, as Proverbs 16:16 encourages.
- Ask God to provide graduates with wisdom when they lack understanding, as James 1:5 promises.
- Pray that graduates would be guided by the light of wisdom, as Proverbs 4:7 instructs.
- Ask God to give graduates a spirit of wisdom and understanding, as Proverbs 9:10 directs.
- Pray that graduates would gain insight from the Lord and be guided in their decisions.
- Ask God to open the eyes of graduates so they can recognize and receive knowledge and understanding.
- Pray that graduates would have the courage to apply the wisdom they have to their lives.
- Ask God to fill graduates with insight and discernment, so they can make wise decisions.
Pray for discernment
Proverbs 3:21: “My son, do not lose sight of them, keep sound wisdom and discretion.”
Proverbs 11:14: “Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.”
Proverbs 16:20: “Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.”
Proverbs 19:11: “Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.”
Proverbs 28:5: “Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand it completely.”
Prayer Points for Graduates:
- Pray that graduates will not lose sight of the wisdom and discretion that God has given them.
- Pray that graduates will seek wise counsel and guidance in their decisions.
- Pray that graduates will give thought to the Word of God and trust in Him.
- Pray that graduates will have a slow to anger spirit and be quick to forgive.
- Pray that graduates will understand justice and seek the Lord in all they do.
Pray for humility
“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.” – 1 Peter 5:6
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
“When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.” – Proverbs 11:2
Pray that graduates will:
- Humble themselves before the Lord, trusting He will lift them up in honor
- Recognize when pride is taking over and have the humility to choose the right path
- Live a life of humility, understanding that it is a sign of true greatness in the eyes of God
- Have wisdom and understanding to come with humility and avoid the pitfalls of pride
- Have a humble heart, knowing that God will reward them for their faithfulness
- Be comforted in knowing that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit
- Pray for humility in the hearts of graduates as they navigate their next steps in life.
Pray for resilience
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” – Galatians 6:9
“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” – Galatians 6:9
- Dear Lord, we pray that as graduates, we will not grow weary in doing good and will persevere through the challenges that come our way. Help us to remember that in due season, we will reap the rewards of our hard work and faithfulness.
- Lord, we ask that you renew our strength as we hope in you. Help us to soar on wings like eagles and to run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Give us the courage and determination to overcome any obstacle that comes our way.
- Dear God, we pray for the resilience to continue doing good and not lose heart, even in the face of adversity. Help us trust in your timing and faith that the fruits of our labour will be revealed in due time. Amen.
- Pray that graduates will have the courage to keep going and not lose heart.
Tips for composing personal prayer points
- Begin your prayer with a statement of gratitude. Acknowledge all the hard work graduates have done to achieve their goals.
- Ask that graduates be blessed with strength and courage to face any challenges that may come their way.
- Pray for graduates to have the wisdom to make wise decisions and to trust their instincts.
- Ask for guidance and direction for graduates to make the most of the opportunities that come their way.
- Ask for graduates to be surrounded by people who will support and encourage them in their life journey.
- Pray for graduates to have an open heart and mind to discover the joys and wonders of life.
- Ask for graduates to have the confidence to take risks, make mistakes, and learn from them.
- Pray for graduates to keep their faith alive and always remember that God is with them in their journey.
- Request that graduates use their knowledge and skills to improve the world.
- End your prayer by wishing graduates success, joy, and peace.
Graduation can also be intimidating as graduates enter the workforce and face many potential challenges. A prayer for graduates is one way to show your support and encouragement during this special time, and there are many reasons to do so.
By saying prayers for college graduates, you can thank them for the blessings they have received along their educational journey, ask for guidance in the future, and offer them protection from any difficulties they may encounter. You can also use the prayers to offer the graduates words of love, comfort, and strength as they begin their new journey in life.
Whether you are a parent, friend or mentor of a graduate, take some time to pause and pray for them during this significant event in their life. This simple gesture will help them feel supported as they begin a new chapter.
Encouraging bible verses for graduates
Here are some uplifting bible verses that can provide graduates with strength and courage as they face the new challenges of adulthood:
Psalm 33:20-21 – “Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.”
Proverbs 16:3 – “Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established.”
Jeremiah 29:11 – “‘For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”
1 Corinthians 15:58 – “Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Proverbs 3:5 – “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”
Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”
Philippians 2:13 – “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him”
These verses provide comfort to graduates as they embark on their next chapter. As graduates strive for their goals and dreams, these Bible verses remind them that God has great plans for them if they keep their faith in Him.