Men’s Ministry Prayer Points
Why prayer for men? Is there a need for prayer points for men?
Dr Ed Cole said, “Manhood and Christlikeness are synonymous.”
The more the family unit has deviated from Christlikeness, the bigger society’s problems have become. There are so many facets to Christ, that is difficult to define or specify them in their entirety in such a short space.
― Edwin Louis Cole, Maximized Manhood: A Guide to Family Survival
3 million children live in single-parent families, which is 22 per cent of all children in families; this proportion has remained around the same for over a decade.
Children in single-parent families are twice at risk of living in relative poverty than those in couple families (poverty rates are 47 per cent and 24 per cent respectively)
20 per cent of single-parent households were in persistent poverty in 2015, compared with 5 per cent of couple households (iv)
85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)
90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]
75% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centres come from fatherless homes. [Rainbows f for all God’s Children]
There are a few things that we can pray for here. One is the policy. The other is that we would see our community and the church at the forefront of “UBUNTU”, I am because you are! We are trusting God to raise more men to truly take up the mantle of a village raising a child. Not for any reward, but because it is the Lord’s way!
- Lord, we pray that you would raise more politicians after your heart into places and offices of influence.
- We pray that you would cause a shift towards policies that serve our families, not the prison complex, not corporations or the government.
- Lord show me where there is brokenness and how I can help.
- Highlight children around us that are in need of your love.
- Grant me the grace to be a city on a hill for children walking in dark places.
- Raise more fathers for the fatherless.
- Mentorship in absent father homes
Parable of the Three Servants
One of the greatest challenges the church faces today is a lack of stewardship, especially when it comes to finances. The hardest part of this to accept is that the issue starts with the leaders. This tells us that if unchecked, it will become a culture that is passed down to the next generation.
Our consciences are being seared generation after generation until we become unable to see the wrong that is being done. Our role as intercessors is to close the gap between God and his people. We are unwittingly trying to be friends with the world and with God at the same time. We are falling in love with the things of the world while trying to keep hold of God.
As men, we are called to be stewards of our families, our marriages, children and all else that God places in our care. We will answer for how we have used it when we meet our maker. When we begin to openly admit that, Lord we cannot do it without you. Human nature is to serve self. Earthly wisdom is sensual and demonic. God’s strength is then made perfect in our weakness. Father, we need you, perfect your strength in our lives.
The biggest unit that the devil can attack and achieve the greatest impact is that of family. When he hurts family, he hurts generations. This is why it is important to pray for family.
- Father, I am grateful for the family that you have entrusted to me. You know why you have chosen to give them to me. Thank you.
- Grant me the grace to serve them selflessly at all times.
- Give me wisdom and humility to see my own flaws, that I may better love them.
Marriages are the anchor of the unit of the family, as we say a prayer for family, we cannot neglect to pray for marriages. Where marriages are strong and held together, children tend to be raised better, in a more stable environment that enables them to thrive. When marriages are strong man’s purpose is helped along, as is woman’s. When marriages are preserved, communities are better places.
- Lord, I bless your name for my spouse. I thank you for the purpose that this union carries.
- Break everything in me that stands against your will for my marriage.
- Crush everything in me that is not love.
- Soften my heart, that I may love as you do.
- Teach me your ways, that I may love my spouse as Christ loved the church.
- Give me wisdom, strength, foresight and love to enable me to help my spouse achieve their dreams. I don’t want to be a spouse that holds them back. Enable me to enable them.
- Show me a way to support your purpose for my spouse’s life.
The bible tells us that children are a gift from above, and indeed they are. We know that the Lord gives them to us carrying their purpose. As stewards, we are trusted to best enable that purpose to come to pass. Let us pray for children
- Lord thank you for the children that you have given me.
- Show me how best to support your purpose for them.
- Open my eyes to their plights and struggles that they would never walk alone or feel alone.
- Grant me wisdom to teach them your ways.
The most blatant failure for the modern church is our finances. We have collectively plundered the desperate. Our goal ought to always be to be the best possible stewards of all financial resources that God places into our hands.
- Open my eyes to recognise every resource that you have put at my disposal.
- Give me the wisdom to find the best purpose for every resource you have given me stewardship over.
- Lord while the uses their resources their way, may I use them your way.
- Grant me wisdom, foresight and strength to best manage your resource. Let my heart not be drawn to the shiny things of this world.
FORNICATION: prayer points for men
The greatest sapping power for men and women is fornication. Sex is such a powerful element of our lives. If not harnessed, we lose our way. Our society is set up in such a way that it has been generally more acceptable for men to live in sinful ways when it comes to sex, more than if women were too.
1 Corinthians6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
- Father grant us the strength to abstain and flee from fornication.
- Father instil in us the Spirit of the fear of the Lord to walk circumspectly in the sphere of life.
- Lord we pray for those who are living in fornication, grant them the strength and ability to repent Lord.
- Lord we pray for those who have repented from fornication, grant them the ability to overcome sin consciousness. Father overwhelm them with your love and warmth.
- We pray against stigmatisation against those once involved in fornication, may brotherly love prevail.
- Lord, we pray for a generation of young men completely sold out to you with an absolute commitment to purity and holiness.
- Lord we come against the spirits of fornication, grant us strength and ability to resist them.
YOUNG MEN: prayer for men
Titus 2:6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober-minded.
1 Timothy 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- Father, we pray for wisdom and a sound mind among young men, grant them the ability to be self-restrained and to behave prudently taking life seriously.
- We pray that young men aim at and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.
- We pray that young men shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness and conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed.
- Lord grant us vision and may our aspirations and dreams become a reality.
- Lord grant us foresight and an eye for detail.
- Lord grant us the ability to deal wisely and circumspectly in the affairs of life.
- Father, we pray for an increase in understanding of your word and will for our lives. Grant us the ability to be properly attuned to your voice and will for our lives.
- Father, we pray for an increased fellowship with the Holy Spirit amongst young men.
- Father grant us the wisdom and ability to find and choose the right life partners. Lord guide our choices along your divine will for our lives.
- Lord increase in us a hunger to labour in the things of God, Lord raise more labourers amongst young men.
- Father teach to recognise and answer your call.
HUSBANDS: Men’s ministry prayer points
The purpose of husbands often gets lost in the hassles of day to day lives. It is often lost in expensive weddings and honeymoons. As husbands, we are stewards!
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and be not bitter against them.
- Father, we pray that husbands adhere to the instructions of your word and do the. We pray for success in their homes.
- Lord grant husbands the ability to love their wives unconditionally.
- Lord let your love be shed abroad in homes, grant husbands the ability to communicate effectively with their wives.
- Father, we come against the Spirit of Adultery and break all adulterous relations.
- Father we speak against divorce let marriages be preserved.
- Father, we come against alcoholism.
Originally posted 2018-11-21 18:12:07.