Prayer for strength
Job spoke rather factually, and somewhat prophetically in Job 14:1, when he said, “14 Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.”
Our trials and tribulations will differ from one individual to another, but we are always either in a trial/tribulation or about to enter one. Let this not be something that steals away from the wonders that life also holds. There are many beautiful to experience, and to behold. Embrace these, and the trials as they come. Prayer for strength is important.
We are not promised an easy road! We are promised a companion; the greatest of companions, to see us through the good and the bad times. The fact that you are after prayer points for strength, means you are seeking strength rather than an easier yoke! That takes strength.
Our prayer for all who read these prayer points:
Father we bless your name for every individual who will use these prayer points as they seek your face. Give them uncommon strength in Jesus’ name. We pray for those at the end, who have lost hope, grant them hope. Open hearts that have been shut down by hardship. Receive strength in Jesus’ name. Amen.
I will be with thee
This is a key reminder; we are not alone. The Lord is with us. Whatever you are going through, he is with you!
- Father may my heart always be reminded that you are with me.
- Any troubles that rise, will not rise above me. The Lord will lift me up.
- Whatever trouble is raised against me; it will not conquer me. I will prevail.
- I will live with you command, oh Lord, I refuse to be consumed by fear!
- Wherever I go, the Lord will go with me. May I never go where you are not, oh Lord. Lead me dear Lord.
- I receive strength and courage from the Lord.
- Father I thank you for your grace; it is sufficient.
- Lord, you power is made perfect in my weakness.
- I boast in my weakness, that Christ’s power may rest in me.
- For when I am weak, I am strong! Christ is my strength.
Encourage one another
We are called to be our brother’s keeper. When they stumble, let us be there to pick them us. May the Lord send someone to pick us up as well, when we fall.
- Father give me strength and wisdom to stand with others in their times of need.
- As you were selfless, may I be as well.
- Let my eyes never turn away from those in need.
- Lord, may my abundance not be a reason to neglect others.
- Your joy is my strength, oh Lord!
- I will not dwell in grief.
- You are the strength of your people.
- Bless your people with peace. In my city, in my nation. Bless us with peace, dear Lord!
- Lord, give me strength and courage.
- You will go with me.
- You will not leave nor forsake me.
Renew my strength/Waiting on the Lord
- Lord give me grace to wait on you, even when reason says to do otherwise.
- As you have promised in your word, my strength is renewed as I wait on you.
- Whatever I had set out to do before waiting on you will be a resounding success.
- You will lead me to exceeding and abundant success, in Jesus’ name.
- I will neither grow faint nor weary! The Lord is my strength.
- Father, I am strong. My strength is found in you.
- I will wait on you, oh Lord. Even when it hurts!
- Father, I am faint, give me power.
- I have no might, give me strength.
- Lift me, when I feel I cannot carry on.
- My strength is renewed.
- I will sour higher than I have yet to sow!
- Father, be gracious to us!
- You are our salvation in time of trouble.
- Father you are my strength.
- You have given my feet swiftness.
- You have set me apart for higher places! I thank you.
- I am renewed inwardly day by day.
- By faith is renewed day by day!
- My hope is renewed day by day.
- Outward conditions and appearances will not rob me of faith.
- I will seek your presence and your strength continually!
- I will not place my might and my power before your spirit.
Run in/I am safe in you
We must remember that the existence of a strong tower does not guarantee safety to those outside of that tower. Safety is found within the strong tower. By the grace of the Lord, you will always find your way to that tower each time.
- Father we bless your name for always availing yourself in our time of need.
- Father we thank for the grace that made a sinner righteous through Christ Jesus!
- Lord I run to you in times of need, in Jesus’ name! I am made safe, in you!
- You are my hiding place and my shield.
- You surround me with righteousness. My friends exalt you.
- I keep your commandments.
- You are my rock, my fortress, my deliverer!
- I am made safe in you.
- My mouth shouts your goodness.
We are naturally tuned to find solutions. Most will forge forward, by any means necessary. Whether this is within the will of the Lord or not, is often ignored. This is a tragedy. When we trust in our own wisdom, and neglect that of the Lord, we are liable to lose our way. Trust is a choice. A hard one, at times. Choose to trust in the Lord.
- Father teach me to truly trust in you with all my heart. Let my actions mirror this.
- I refuse to lean on my own understanding, at the expense of your will oh Lord.
- Father I appreciate and acknowledge your sovereignty. Make my paths straight. In Jesus’ name! Amen.
Trust will sometimes mean leaving things to the Lord where everything within us says we ought to do otherwise. Trust is Saul waiting on the Lord’s prophet to arrive, when he thinks it is better that he acts before it is too late. Trust is uncomfortable. We are called to be stretched, to reside out of comfort zones.
- Lord I cast all my burdens on you.
- I refuse to rely on canal solutions. You are my solution.
- You sustain me, oh Lord!
- I will not be moved!
- May I never forget that you care for me.
- I cast my anxieties on you. I will be anxious for nothing!
- I cling on your name.
- You give me life according to your word.
- I refuse to be complacent in anything I do for you. I am watchful.
- I stand firm in my faith. Nothing will move me from my faith.
He comforts us
Jesus tells his disciples that he would not leave them as orphans. God recognises the tragedy that it would be for us to live as orphans, while our father lives eternally. He is counsellor. He is comforter.
- Lord, you are the father of mercies. Grace is born through you and in you. We are grateful.
- I thank you father, for comfort in all my afflictions. Even at times when I may not even recognise your hand in it.
- Lord comfort me now, in my time of need. Let my mind, body and soul find rest in you.
- Father, draw nearer to me.
- Come quickly to my aid!
Fear is a leach. It will sap at your strength, until you have nothing left at all. Let this not be your portion. We are called to stand in boldness. That is our heritage as saints.
- Father I cast away all forms of fear from within me.
- I am bold! I shall not be dismayed, for you, Lord, are my God!
- You will strengthen me! I receive strength!
- You will uphold me! I am truly upheld.
- Fear is not my portion.
- Power, love and self-control are my portion now and forever more.
- I will not be controlled by my environment, in Jesus’ name!
- You Lord, are my light and my salvation. I shall not fear.
- You are the stronghold of my life, Lord! Of whom shall I be afraid?
The absence of strength is often synonymous with that of peace. Receive peace in mind and in body as you pray, in Jesus’ name.
- Father I thank you for that heritage of peace, that you have left me.
- I receive your peace, oh Lord.
- My heart will neither be afraid nor be troubled!
- My peace is found in you, oh Lord!
- May I never forget to seek your face always, and even more in my time of need.
- I thank you, for you have overcome the world! I live in victory!
- Lord, we thank you for being our refuge and strength.
- During any form of chaos, I will not fear. When things fall apart, you remain with me. You stand for me!
- You are the firm ground that I can always stand on, when the earth is shaken, when the world is moved! You remain!
- Father I receive your gift of perfect peace
- My mind will remain on you; I trust in you.
Go before me oh Lord
There will always be situations where you need favour ahead of you. When the Lord goes ahead of you, your path is made straight. Be it a review at work, a case in court, a doctor’s appointment, an exam, or whatever else is ahead of you. May the good Lord go before you. May you win wars that you never even realised that you were fighting, against foes that you never even knew were foes. That’s what happens when the Lord goes before you.
- Father may I always set you before me. My feet will not step where you have not led the way.
- Because you, Lord, are at my right hand; I will not be shaken.
- Father you are my firm foundation. In whatever I seek to build, you are my cornerstone.
- Lord, thank you for saving me. You are my strength and my song.
- Your right hand exalts me.
- You are my shield.
- I will not fear anyone. The Lord fights for me!!
- I dwell in your will and trust in your promise.
- I find comfort even in my affliction, for I know you will rescue me.
- Your promise gives me life.
- I bless your name in my afflictions.
- There is purpose in my afflictions, nothing is in vain with you, Lord.
- Your statues are held close to my heart; they see me through my afflictions.
- I am strong in you, oh Lord! Your might is my strength.
I called Unto the Lord
Answered prayers are a breath of new life. To call unto the Lord and see his hand, is indescribable. Let this be your portion. Call unto the Lord.
- Father I thank you for always listening out for my call.
- In my distress, you have always been my ever-present help.
- My distress will come to pass.
- Father, I call you my strength and my shield! That is who you truly are to me.
- My heart trusts in you.
- You are the saving refuge for your anointed! I walk and dwell in your purpose.
- When I call, the Lord answers!
- You have increased the strength of my soul.
- My faith is unassailable.
- Your name is my salvation.
- Your might is my vindicator!
I can do all things
- You are the source of my strength, dear Lord.
- I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.
- I am a beneficiary of your riches in glory!
- Grant me strength with power through your spirit.
- You have redefined possibility.
- With you, oh Lord. All things are possible.
- Lord, you alone are sovereign in all I do.
- Riches and honour come from you. May I never seek this outside of your will.
- Father pour your Holy Spirit on me. May I receive the power that comes with it.
- I will bear witness to the ends of the earth.
- Your strength exceeds my needs, and expectations.
- May your name be glorified in the church generation after generation.
- You will establish me, oh Lord.
- I am guarded against the evil one.
Strength in times of sorrow
- Lord I and drowning in sorrow.
- Strengthen me per your word.
- Lift me beyond this time of sorrow.
- Hope is my portion, through Christ Jesus!
- I will bear news of your mighty deeds.
- My lips will be filled with testimonies.
- I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.
- Father my strength is failing. You are the strength of my heart, my portion forever.
- Lord grant me the grace that is to love you.
- I will love the Lord with all my heart, my soul, and all my strength.
- Lord, to love you is to follow your commandments. Forgive me for times when I stray from them.
- I am equipped with strength.
- My walk is blameless in your eyes!
- Lord may my words be worthy sacrifice to you. May they be truth and fro my heart!
- May the meditation of my heart be focused on you.
- You are my rock, my redeemer. Redemption is my portion.
- I love your word oh Lord. It is living and active.
- Let it divide anything in me that stands against you.
- Whoever plots against me, in places high or low. They will not know success.
- I will meditate on your statutes day and night.
- I will walk in your will.
- You do not slumber, sleep or grow weary. I am grateful for your cover over my life.
- You give me strength to endure whatever I face.
- I will not face anything that you haven’t prepared me for.
- You give me power and strength.
- I will fear no evil. You are with me.
- Your rod and staff guide and keep me in comfort!
- Your word is marrow to my bones.
- I am not ashamed to speak of or learn your word!
- Father I submit myself wholly to you.
- I will resist the devil at every turn! He will flee from me.
- I am strengthened by the grace that is Christ Jesus!!
- Anything or anyone that is rising against me will sink!
- The plots of my enemies will be under my feet.
- I will not be pulled down from where the Lord has placed me.
- My destiny is secure in Christ!
- I am equipped to do the Lord’s will.
- May my walk, my thoughts and actions be pleasing in your sight, oh Lord.
- I dwell in the Lord’s house and I am blessed.
- Your praises will not depart from my lips. Trials will not silence me.
- Every weapon formed against me, and whoever forms it, will know failure!
- I refute every tongue that rises against me in judgement. May the mouths of my enemies be shut.
- You vindicate me, oh Lord!
- I thank you Lord, for the plans that you have for me. I thank you for the goodness that I see today, and will see forever more.
- My future is filled with hope.
- Father you are in me, and are greater than any foe that could ever stand against me.
- I am an overcomer.
- I am blessed of the Lord.
- Your face shines upon me, you are gracious to me.
- I live in the Lord’s peace.
- Whatever has been set up to do me harm in this season. May the Lord use it for my goodness.
- Use my testimony to uplift others.
- Use me to uplift others.
- Father we are grateful that you are in our midst.
- You rejoice over me with gladness.
- I find peace in your love.
We thank you for your support, and for using these prayer points for strength. Praying for strength will yield tangible results for you and all who you may pray for. These prayer points are part of our ministry’s goal to produce resources that aid believers’ prayer lives and their walk with Christ. We continue to be humbled by you feedback. As always, we extend a hand to all who may want to be involved in some way in what we are doing. Message us through our contact us page, and we would love to see how best we can work together. God bless you. Let me also take this chance to draw you attention to our prayer for nations drive, which we started recently. It is our most ambitious goal yet, go to the page and give us feedback.
If you have any prayer request, we would be thrilled to stand with you in prayer. Whatever you are believing God for, big or small, we would love to prayer with you.
Originally posted 2018-03-24 20:20:13.