PRAYER POINTS FOR CHILDREN TO PRAY AND FOR PRAYING FOR THE CHILDREN
- PRAYER POINTS FOR CHILDREN TO PRAY AND FOR PRAYING FOR THE CHILDREN
- ABCs of Prayer
- PRAYER POINTS FOR PRAYING FOR CHILDREN
- 1)That children may honour their parents, first commandment with a promise
- 2) Obedience
- 3) Wisdom, insight and understanding and to be full of the word
- 4) That they may maintain their purity
- 5) Not to be conformed to this current worldly desire but to see the treasure in following the way of God
- 6)For our children to be record breakers and go getters just like David was
- 7)Discipline to be instilled in our children from an early age
- 8)To get guidance from the Lord in critical decision making
- 9)To always be on fire for God
- 10)Safety and Protection
- 11)Pray that children`s lives will be established upon a firm foundation biblical teaching
- 12) For our children to excel in every area of their lives
- PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
There are two aspects to prayer points for children. One is what everyone else can include in their prayers when praying for children. The other aspect is what children themselves can focus on in prayer. One of the most neglected areas in the church today is teaching children to pray. We let these young ones be bombarded by the world’s philosophies before we give them this tool of prayer to deal with it all. Proverbs 22:6 teaches us to train our children in the way that we want them to go. It teaches that if this is done right, our children will walk on this path for life. Are your children trained in the way of prayer in such a way that they will not walk away from it?
As a ministry we hope and pray that this will be one of the aids that you can use to get closer to that goal. For the children, we will divide these into the ABCs of prayer. Older children, don’t worry, we won’t insult your intelligence. There is just some charm in simplicity. Return to the very basic, the building blocks of language, and make those the building blocks of prayer. Most children are thrust into prayer without a bedrock to stand on. This was my experience. To suddenly be surrounded by adults who are engaging in prayer, and be expected to do the same. I believe there is a logical fallacy to this method.
Prayer should not just be words that we memorise and recite. It comes from the heart. Heartfelt prayers are a result of understanding the purpose of prayer.
Lord we bless your name for these prayer points, we thank you for those who have committed time to create them. We speak a blessing over every person who will make use of these to seek your face. Father may every prayer raised here be a sweet fragrance to you oh Lord. We speak a blessing over every child and every adult that will use these in Jesus’ name. We thank you for watching your word to perform it. May your faithfulness be seen in this. Let your word bring transformation to schools, to communities and nations at large. We declare that this will be the birthing of something new, something revolutionary for our children, for the next generation. We bless your name oh Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen
ABCs of Prayer
- Think and write down ten things that you are grateful for today. Write down another ten things that you are grateful for in your life. These may include your family, pets, food, accommodation and so on. Gratitude is an essential part of prayer. Count your blessings, be aware of them, and thank God for those.
- Father I thank you for watching over me, and all that is dear to me.
- 2. Benevolence
- Benevolence is kindness, goodwill, charity…things that God stands for. Things that you too as a child of God should consciously stand for.
- Father grant me opportunity to be kind. Teach my eyes to identify these opportunities, my heart to want to show kindness and my hands to make things better for others.
- 3. Courage
- Courage as generations before us knew it has become somewhat unrecognisable. Values that were once the fabric of Christianity are shunned or simply ignored. Father make us courageous.
- Give us grace to stand with those who have no one else to stand with them.
- May your causes be mine as well.
- May I not be swayed by status quo, rather stand in your will.
Prayer for children should always be preceded by an understanding that there is a God who cares, a God who is always listening to their words and to their thoughts. Perhaps even more importantly, that he can and want to be involved. He wants to help. He cares. He is also an understanding ear, one that listens when no one else will. He is never too busy or otherwise engaged.
PRAYER POINTS FOR PRAYING FOR CHILDREN
1)That children may honour their parents, first commandment with a promise
‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- Father open the eyes of our children. May they know you will and evade worldly deception.
- Give them grace to follow you will.
- Show them how to honour their parents, that your blessings may follow them in this land.
- Grant them good health and longevity.
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Lord may your word be a light unto our children path. More than anything, may their hearts truly desire to walk in the light.
- Give them humility and wisdom to run back when they have lost their way.
- Preserve them oh Lord, even when they have wandered off course.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
- Lord we pray for those that have lost their way. Soften their hearts that they may be open to rebuke and correction.
- Open their eyes that they may see you.
- May your grace and the knowledge of it be evident to them. Let your open arms not be forgotten. They have a place to run back to.
- Thank you, Jesus for being such a faithful advocate on their behalf, as you are to ours.
3) Wisdom, insight and understanding and to be full of the word
- Father may your word dwell in our children.
- May their hearts and lips be filled with your word.
- Raise a generation and word filled, God fearing men and women, against all odds. You are a God of “against all odds”.
- Lord raise Daniels for this generation. Youth who are truly after your heart. Youth who walk blamelessly in your eyes.
- Fill them with uncommon, ageless wisdom, knowledge and discernment.
- May their gifts be a source of elevation. Set them before kings, for your glory oh Lord.
- Fill our children with wisdom, with visions and dreams.
- May their hearts be filled with desires for spiritual gifts.
- By their gifts your name will be magnified even among non-believers.
- As Daniel’s enemies would acknowledge his God, let that be our children’s portion. Make them impactful persons.
- Set them apart for a standard of excellence. A standard that testifies of you oh Lord.
- Raise men and women in whom even enemies will not be able to find fault for your righteousness dwells in them.
- May opportunities find those who refuse to cut corners to get ahead.
- May the problems of their enemies provide opportunity for their upliftment.
- Lord we are believing for righteous men and women in positions of power. Raise them into positions in government and finance, that righteousness may be upheld in our nations.
4) That they may maintain their purity
This is a valuable thing that has silently lost its reverence even in the church. It is eating away at our youth. We are standing for a change in this area.
- Lord may your characteristics be imparted onto our children. We are called to be holy, as you are holy. May that desire to be like you not be lost in a desire for acceptance.
- Open our children’s eyes to the tricks of the enemy. May they not be deceived into impurity.
- Take captive ungodly desires, that they may walk in Christ Jesus.
- Lord we want our children to see you! Grant them this grace oh Lord.
5) Not to be conformed to this current worldly desire but to see the treasure in following the way of God
- Father at a time that our bodies are constantly being devalued in media and in all of society. We pray that our children may give their to you. That they would life for you.
- We come against all forms of conformity! They will be like a city on a hill! They will not ne lights hidden under baskets, rather blazing infernos that the Lord may be seen through them.
6)For our children to be record breakers and go getters just like David was
- May our children brave in standing for you and for your people.
- Set them apart as record breakers, history makers through Christ Jesus.
- May they rise for what you rise for.
7)Discipline to be instilled in our children from an early age
- Our children’s hearts will be filled with a desire to walk in your will.
- Give them humility and wisdom to accept correction and instruction.
- They will remain in your will, by your grace oh Lord.
- Stupidity will not be my children’s portion. They will accept correction and grow from it. In Jesus’ name.
- May every good seed that has been sown in them grow eternally.
- May they walk in the way that you have shown them.
- Remove them from paths of wickedness, and correct where teachers and guardians have fallen short of led them astray.
- They will not be victims of our shortcomings.
8)To get guidance from the Lord in critical decision making
- May our children’s ways be testament to who you are.
- They will acknowledge in all they do, that their paths would be made straight in Jesus’ name.
9)To always be on fire for God
- Lord, may our children’s walk in you be a beacon of hope.
- May they be living testimonies of your glory.
- Their youthfulness will not be a hindrance to their usefulness.
- May your fire burn eternally in them.
- Set them apart in their generation, as you set apart Daniel and his colleagues.
- Sanctify this generation oh Lord.
10)Safety and Protection
- Father may our children dwell in your shelter, in the shadow of the most high.
- We speak protection from every snare of the fowler, keep them safe oh Lord. No deadly pestilence will overtake them.
- Your faithfulness will be their shield and rampart.
- Fear will not be their portion in Jesus’ name.
- Where others falls, they will remaining standing through Christ Jesus.
- They will see the wicked fall, and know that you are God.
- They will call the Lord their refuge, and make the Lord their hiding place. No harm will be their portion, disaster will pass them by.
- May your covering be their portion, wherever they set their feet.
- Their call to you will always yield an answer in Jesus’ name.
- Long life will be their portion!!
11)Pray that children`s lives will be established upon a firm foundation biblical teaching
- We pray for parents and guardians, grant them wisdom to empower and guide the children.
- May their foundation be on the rock that is Christ Jesus.
- Let your word be know and evident in all they do.
12) For our children to excel in every area of their lives
- My children will prosper wherever your place them oh Lord.
- Even in the midst of oppression and suppression, they will rise in Jesus’ name.
- They were raised for such a time as this. Awaken the sleeping giants.
- Let their ways be marked by excellence and prosperity.
- May your presence be with them in all they do, in Jesus’ name.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you. We are also keen on partnering with individuals and ministries that are on fire for Christ. Feel free to drop us an email.