With great humility and sincerity, I ask you to join me in a prayer for Indiana. Today’s world is full of uncertainties and challenges, and Indiana is no exception. In such times, we must unite as a community and direct our collective prayers to the Almighty for strength, guidance and protection.
Let us pray for Indiana as it navigates the current economic and political landscape and faces numerous challenges that threaten to disrupt the peace and stability of the state. Let us pray for elected officials, business owners and workers as they strive to create a thriving and prosperous environment for all.
Let us also pray for Indiana as it grapples with daily social and cultural issues. Let us pray for those who are marginalized, oppressed or voiceless and work together to create a more just society
Finally, let us remember how important faith and spirituality are in our daily lives. May our prayers for Indiana remind us of the power of prayer and the importance of our relationship with God.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.
As disciples of Christ, it is our duty to pray for our churches and states. This post is intended to guide your prayers for the state of Indiana, focusing on its residents’ spiritual, economic, and general welfare. Together in faith, let us lift Indiana and its residents to our Heavenly Father, who hears and answers our prayers.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Indiana’s estimated population on July 1, 2019, was 6,732,219, representing a 3.83% increase since the 2010 United States Census .
Indiana is the 17th most populous state in the United States , in North America’s Midwestern and Great Lakes regions . The state attained statehood on December 11, 1816, becoming the 19th state to join the union . Indiana is bordered by the states of Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Illinois . With a total area of 36,418 square miles, it is the 38th largest state in the US .
According to Statista, Indiana’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2021 was 352.62 billion U.S. dollars . Indiana’s gross state product was US$359 billion in 2017, with a per capita income of $44,165 .
It is worth noting that Indiana’s economy saw significant growth in the third quarter of 2021 as consumers and businesses adapted to the coronavirus pandemic. However, the state’s economy has yet to fully recover from the pandemic’s effects .
Eric J. Holcomb is the current governor of Indiana, having been elected to the position in 2016 and reelected in 2020, as mentioned in sources  and . He has served in this office since 2017, as he took office on January 9, 2017, after the previous governor, Mike Pence, was sworn in as Vice President of the United States. Eric Holcomb is married to Janet Holcomb, Indiana’s First Lady, as noted in sources  and .
Joe Hogsett is the 49th mayor of Indianapolis, the state’s capital . He has been serving as mayor of Indianapolis since 2015, when he was elected on November 3 of that year . Before becoming mayor, Hogsett served as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana, a position he held from 2010 to 2014 .
Todd Young is one of Indiana’s senators, serving since 2017 . He is a former U.S. Marine and a member of the U.S. Naval Reserve . Mr. Young is married to Jennifer and they have three children .
Indiana is home to a diversified economy with a strong manufacturing sector, and vehicles and machinery are among the state’s largest exports, accounting for approximately $13.3 billion in 2019 . In Indiana, production supervisors, machinists, and mechanical engineers are common jobs . As of February 2023, the unemployment rate in Indiana is 3.2% .
According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, as of 2021, 72.3% of Indiana residents have access to a regular doctor, slightly below the national average of 73.5% . Additionally, the Indiana State Department of Health reports that 17.7% of Indiana adults reported fair or poor health in 2020, which is higher than the national average of 13.5% .
According to FBI crime statistics for 2020, Indiana’s overall crime rate was lower than the national average, and many of the state’s communities have relatively low crime rates. Indiana’s opioid epidemic has been a significant public health crisis in recent years, and the state has struggled with high rates of drug overdose deaths. Additionally, while Indiana’s violent crime rate has decreased in recent years, the state still has higher rates of certain types of violent crime, such as aggravated assault and homicide, compared to the national average. While Indiana is relatively safe, it still faces challenges regarding certain types of crime and drug abuse.  
Indiana faces significant addiction and drug abuse challenges, with the state experiencing higher-than-average rates of opioid overdose deaths . Additionally, economic struggles have been challenging for many Indiana residents, with some areas of the state experiencing high poverty rates and limited job opportunities . Finally, access to healthcare has been a concern in some communities in Indiana, particularly in rural areas where there may be a shortage of healthcare providers and facilities .
Prayer Points for Indiana
7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
- Let us pray for the leaders of Indiana, for their health and well-being, both physically and spiritually, that the wisdom and guidance of the Lord may lead them. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- We pray that the Lord would guide their steps as they make decisions for the state, that they may act with justice and righteousness. (Proverbs 21:1)
- Pray for their families, that the hand of the Lord would be evident in their lives and that they may be strengthened in their faith. (Joshua 24:15)
- Let us pray for the state of Indiana, committing its affairs to the hand of God, that His will may be done and His purposes fulfilled. (Proverbs 16:3)
- We pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Indiana, that a mighty revival would sweep through the state, bringing hope, healing, and salvation to all who call upon the name of the Lord. (Acts 2:17-18)
- Father, we ask for provision and opportunities for healthcare, especially for those who lack access to medical care, that they may receive the healing they need. (Psalm 103:2-3)
- We pray for peace and safety, that drug abuse and violence would be eradicated, and that Indiana would be a place of peace and prosperity, where people can thrive and flourish. (Psalm 122:6-7)
- Lord, we ask for your protection over the families and communities of Indiana, that they may be safe from harm and danger, and that your peace would reign in their hearts. (Isaiah 54:17)
- We pray for the churches and ministries of Indiana, that the Holy Spirit may empower them to carry out your work and share your love with those around them. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Father, we lift up the people of Indiana, that they may know you and experience your love and grace in their lives, and that they may find their hope and strength in you. (Jeremiah 29:11)