Prayer points for marriages with biblical scripture
Why do we need marriage prayer points?
Along with families, there is a great attack on the institution of marriage. Broken marriages have a far-reaching effect. Statistics show that the current divorce rate in the United States of America is between 40-50%.
The number of marriages are also falling significantly over the last few years. More and more children are being born outside of wedlock. This lack of stability is crippling our societies. You may think that this is a US statistic, but it stretches far and wide. The decline in marriage rates is also mirrored in the UK.
God knows the importance of marriage, and designed it to be a cradle for families. We ought to stand up for our marriages. Mark 10:9 “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” We need more and more men and women to take a stand for their marriages, more and more people to not walk away from their unions, but to seek the Lord’s direction and intervention in their marriages.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Lord we speak your blessing over these prayer points. May your anointing be upon all who will make use of these prayer points. May your presence bring resolution into marriages that are on the rocks today.
Father may more and more marriages be built on the rock that is Christ, instead of the sand that is worldly wisdom. Call back husbands’ hearts to their wives, wives’ hearts to their husbands.
Father raise more man into true fatherhood as you had intended it in marriages. Every spirit that rises against marriages, father may you raise a standard against them in Jesus’ name. Amen
Here are our prayer points for marriage. Share them with your loved ones.
Take your concerns to God
I believe if we as a people were able to grasp this simple teaching, many marriages would be saved, many relationships would be repaired. Many men and women across the world are hurting, hurting because of things that were carelessly said, words that were carelessly thrown around.
If I’m speaking to you today, I want you to know that there is healing, there is a balm in Gilead to make your wounded heart whole. That balm is Christ. This message is very personal to me, because Lord knows for the better part of my teenage years I spent time actively breaking relationships for minor reason that are insignificant even when I think of the today. Direct your concerns to God. I drew some principles from all this.
- Never have a relationship outside of God: Regardless of whether it is a companionship, a friendship or dating. Do not go into any of it without bringing God in with you. God should always be a part of it all. It does not matter if the other person does not believe in God.
Think of it this way, if you are married, when you meet a new friend, they don’t have to like your husband/wife or believe in them. Your husband/wife is a part of you, the bible says 2 become one, which is the way it should be in our marriage to God.
When you take God with you into a relationship with a work colleague you close a door for the devil to place you in temptation for an affair. When you take God with you into a relationship with the company or your boss, you know who it is that you really answer to, regardless of whose name is on the pay check.
- Emotions should go through God first: Have you ever said something and then wished you had not said it, perhaps turned around and said “I didn’t mean it.” The sad part is that words, once released can not be taken back.
They sting. Whether it is love, anger or whatever other emotion you may feel towards a person, take it to God first. If your spouse makes you made, do not speak to them about it before you speak to God about it, vent you emotions to God.
When you speak to God he will begin to remind you, that “Vengeance is his” Romans 12:19, “Forgive as the father has forgive you” Ephesians 4:32. When you vent to the Lord, you become more conscious of things that you would have easily overlooked when talking to the person you are mad at, or the person you are in love with.
- Get comfortable crying before God: In any relationship you get into, there is always room for hurt. To truly love is to expose your weakness and be at the mercy of the other person. There is nothing more healing than bearing it all to God when you have been hurt, when you have been lied to.
Get this, when the Shunammite (2 Kings 4:25-)woman ran to Elijah and was met by his servant, she told the servant that all was well even though her child had died. I learned this from Dr. Masiyiwa’s testimony recording, she had been given this child by God.
She had started this with God. God is obligated to fix what he starts with you. She knew it was well because God was the manufacturer, he would honour his warranty. Get comfortable crying before God before you run off crying to man. When your concern reaches God first, he is faithful to go on ahead and deal with the other person before you get to them.
Make a decision today, to never speak to man concerning an issue before consulting God, to never make a decision before consulting him. And finally to never take your concerns before man before taking them before him. Direct your concerns to God.
Father we give you praise for this wonderful teaching, heal our heart today. Grant us grace to start and finish everything with you. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
God bless you, share this with someone else who needs to hear this message.
Marriage Prayer: Childhood hurt
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” These are the words of Frederick Douglass. I believe that this is an analogy that applies to women as much as it does to men.
There are so many broken men and women who are being put together with other broken men and women and expected to create strong marriages. Father, heal our homes.
Psalm 34: 4
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- Father we pray for victims of sexual and physical abuse. Heal them Lord. Take away the scars and bitterness that have been left by these experiences. May they not be carried into their marriages and relationships.
- Lord we pray for parents and guardians. Give them wisdom to raise strong men and women.
- Lord raise strong marriages among us, marriages that the next generation can look up to and aspire to.
- Father we pray that you would raise mentors for our young generation, to show them the way.
- Lord we pray for broken parents and guardians to have the wisdom to not pass down their own hurt and insecurity to the next generation. Heal them father, as they raise these children.
- We pray for children being raised in undesirable situations to be rescued. Make a way for the dear Lord.
- Open our eyes to situations where you can use us to be part of the solution. In Jesus’ name.
- Give us boldness to walk in your will, and show as well as encourage others how to do the same.
Our societies are becoming ones without moderation. Marriages are a wonderful thing, but are being viewed less and less in that light. By the same token, more and more people are entering this sacred union blindly. Either because of the burden of pressure and expectation that exists within our churches.
The Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7 acknowledges the beauty of marriage but also the ease of single life. It is good to be married, but not mandatory. Not all can be single and live a holy life, but neither can all be married. If you desire marriage, that is a beautiful thing. May the Lord deliver that desire to you, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let the hearts of the wives be consumed with love and passion for their husbands. May husbands be equally consumed with love and passion for their wives.
- We speak your love into marriages in their formative stages. We speak direction and wisdom into relationships and courtships as they build towards marriage.
2 Corinthians 6:14
- Father we pray that you would raise more and more God-fearing men and women within the church.
- We pray for firm foundations in relationships.
- Raise more wiser men and women to guide the young lovers.
- Open our eyes and guide our choices of mates.
- Father we pray that you would open our eyes as we seek to find ideal mates.
- Give us wisdom to not be swayed by visual desires. There are ways that may seem right to men but will only lead to death. Preserve us oh Lord.
- Father, you command a blessing where there is unity. Bring unity into our relationships.
- We pray for purpose and a shared vision for couples.
- Lord we pray that couples would well and truly become one. Raise us to value, cherish and to love one another.
- Lord make us co-guardians of our spouses’ souls. Give us a true desire to lead them in your way.
- We will be true stewards of the husband or wife that you give us. To bring the best out of them, as they do for us.
- May we love them as you have loved us, without condition but full of sacrifice.
- May our eyes be cast on things above, more than things of this earth.
1 Corinthians 7:9
- Dear Lord, may our desires for marriage be noble.
- Protect us from negative relationships, and protect others from us, where we may be their detractors.
- May our shared desires and vision bring us together in Christ and through him.
- Lord teach us to love like you do.
- May our love be seen in our actions and heard in our words of affirmation to our loved ones.
1 Corinthians 16:14
- May our actions be guided love, in all that we do.
- Lord give us loyal partners to walk through life with, they have become rare.
- Grant us grace to go the extra mile for our loved ones.
With marriages falling apart sooner than ever before, there is a lack of longevity. Our prayer is that the Lord would grant us longevity. Father establish marriages that last long, marriages that are strong and with direction. Let there be marriages that are built on the rock that is Christ. That is our next marriage prayer point.
- Father we thank you for wonderful wives. We pray for longevity. Grace them in their day to day lives for fruitful and fulfilling marriages.
- Grant husbands grace to love and cherish the gift that is their wives.
- May no shame be her portion.
- She will be a source of pride for her husband and her children, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord give us grace to pursue a worthy life partner.
- Show us value, and make us valuable to potential mates.
- Teach us to identify and appreciate one another’s value.
- Lord, you have brought couples together. We pray that you would keep them together.
- Cast away any person that would like to separate marriages.
- Any wedges that seek to separate men and women you brought together, let it be removed in Jesus’ name.
- No man or woman will separate us! We speak strength in marriages in Jesus’ name.
1 Peter 4:8
- Lord teach us to not dwell on one another’s shortcomings, but to love through it all.
- We will love fervently, as Christ loved.
- May our love cover the faults of our loved ones.
- Lord, may we brought together by reverence to you.
- You are the foundation of our relationships.
- Anything that we haven’t built on you, may it not stand.
- We choose to build on the rock that is Christ.
- We submit to our wives and husbands for your glory, oh Lord.
- May our marriages be established and unbreakable.
Healing and renewal
We are going to pray for marriages that are on the rocks, marriages that are falling apart while we remain oblivious. There is nothing too dead for a resurrection. We are praying for those marriages that either spouse or both have given up on.
The bible says when Jesus arrived at Lazarus’ house, Mary and Martha had given up on his life. A healing was impossible, but a resurrection was inconceivable. May the Lord do the inconceivable for your marriage in Jesus’ name. Let love arise!!
- Father soften our hearts. Soften the wives and husbands’ hearts. Cast away all pain and hurt. Cast away all bitterness in Jesus’ name.
- Teach us to forgive, and grant grace to a point where it hurts.
- Father, you have continued to forgive us, may we show that same love to others.
- Heal us of hurt, open our hearts oh Lord.
1 Peter 3:7
- Father we pray for all husbands, give them grace to be of a patient and understanding disposition.
- Father teach husbands to honour their wives.
- Lord, may their weaknesses be strengthened by their wives’ strengths, and their strengths be their husbands’ strengths in Jesus’ name.
- May husbands never look down upon their wives, but view them as equals. In the name of Jesus!
- Let our prayers bear results, in Jesus’ name.
Infidelity is a key factor in the break-up of most marriages. We want to pray for resolution and in marriages that have been marred by infidelity. God can heal in all cases. It is not too late for your marriage. Father, where there is hurt, where there is mistrust, where there has been betrayal, dear Lord, help us.
- Father may our marriages bring you honour. Where we have brought you dishonour, we repent.
- Lord where we have been wronged and taken our eyes off you to focus on our hurt, help us look up to you.
- Where our marriage beds have brought you dishonour, father forgive us.
- Father, forgive us for infidelity on our part, or an unforgiving nature where we have been wronged.
- May your judgement be merciful in Jesus’ name. Amen
- Father may our eyes be in covenant with you. To not look upon others wives and husbands.
- Where we have looked in lust, Lord forgive us.
- Any adulterous desires be cast away in Jesus’ name. Amen
Our mandate is one of fruitfulness on this earth. Our marriages are no exception. Our prayer here is that the Lord would grace us to be fruitful in all that we do. May the Lord birth fruitfulness in our relationships, in our homes, in our businesses and in all else that we set our minds to and put our hands to work on. In Jesus’ name. Amen
- Father we pray for fruitful and fulfilling marriages. Open our eyes to traits in ourselves that may be a hindrance to this.
- Open our eyes to opportunity to sow seed of love and in love.
- May our hearts be consumed by your love, that we would not contain but share the fruit of your love.
The hardest thing that anyone could possibly go through when it comes to relationships is a divorce. Our key marriage prayer is that the Lord would raise up men and women who have fallen down this pit. Let this not be the end, but a new beginning through Christ.
1 Corinthians 7:15
- Father we pray for healing where marriages have been broken by difference in faith. We pray for peace for both parties.
- We pray for children in these situations, cover them oh Lord.
- Let this relationship be one that they carry into their future relationships.
- Soften hearts for peaceful resolutions.
- Let our hearts be filled with humility, whether we were wrong or wronged.
- May meekness be our portion, through Christ.
- Even in divorce, let no hatred develop. May love reign.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us: [email protected]
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you.
Originally posted 2017-12-31 19:49:41.