Prayer for Seed Sowing
Welcome to another month of corporate prayer. There is uncommon power when the saints join in agreement. We have seen and continue to see God move in mighty ways across the world. Do not take these prayer time lightly, by any means. We have a natural tendency to become complacent or too comfortable over time.
I encourage you to make a conscious effort to actively pursue the Lord in spirit and in truth, and more than anything to be prayerful in your prayers. To never let these prayers become mere rituals. God forbid that this sacred and special time become anything other than heaven on earth. Reach into heaven’s bosom and pour your everything into it.
If you haven’t partnered us in prayer before, I would like to welcome you! Our family grows every month, more and more people across the world and partnering in what God is doing here. We are honoured to be a part of it all.
Our prayer points are set in threes, with a vision of having someone praying through every hour of the day. There are three prayer points for each hour. Pick an hour, or just a part of the hour to pray with us.
Father, we thank you for these prayer points for seed, we thank you for every individual that will labour in prayer. We honour you, for you are a God of the result! A God who will never fail us. May these prayer points for seed yield great harvests in Jesus’ name. Amen
Sowing a seed offering: Prayer for seed sowing
You give Seed to the sower
2 Corinthians 9:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.
- Lord we thank you for your faithfulness to your word! You give seed to the sower
- Father I thank you for all seed that you have placed in my hand
- By your faith in me, may I show faith in you.
Genesis 8:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 “As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”
- Lord thank you, for you are Lord over seasons
- Give me wisdom to know when to sow
- May I never be swayed by emotions, worldly wisdom or ungodly counsel.
Multiply my seed
Genesis 22:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,[BG]
- Lord we honour you, for you multiply whatever is sown
- I pray for every seed sown today across the world, multiply it
- We pray for every sower, feel them with hope.
Rebuke the Devourer
Malachi 3:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.
- We come against any devouring spirit to my seed.
- I rebuke any evil hand that seeks to steal my seed
- Father grant me grace to recognise what is seed, so I may not consume my seed.
Commit seed the Lord
1 Samuel 1:28 New International Version (NIV)
28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.
- Father I commit my seed into your hands
- As you have given it to me, I give it back to you
- Use it as you will. Grant me grace to be your vehicle in this.
The Labourers are few: Prayer for seed sowing
Luke 10:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
- Father I thank you for those called to labour in this season! I call them in, in Jesus’ name!
- Open my eyes to area where I ought to labour
- Strengthen the labours in Jesus’ name!
Matthew 5:45 New International Version (NIV)
45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
- Lord as sure as you are faithful to give seed to the sower, you are faithful to give rain to those that have sown.
- Father water where I have planted.
- May my seed never die of neglect.
Tend our crop
- Lord I pray for the grace to tend the seed I have sown.
- I pray for perseverance to wait on you even when I don’t see results.
- Grant me wisdom to tend what I have sown.
Not be consumed
- May I never be consumed by what I have sown
- I come against the spirit of pride.
- I come against arrogance
Hand be open to give
- May my hands always be open to help others with what you have given me
- I come against the spirit of selfishness in Jesus’ name.
- May I be a giver, as you are a giver.
Use me to give seed to other sowers
- Father use me to help others rise
- Show me where there is a need for seed
- Grant me grace and wisdom to sow
Lazy man does not eat
2 Thessalonians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
- I come against the spirit of laziness, the spirit of slumber
- May my table always be filled with food and with friends
- I will always enjoy the fruit of my labour.
Lazy man does not roast his game
Proverbs 12:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
- Lord grant me wisdom to identify what I can roast
- May I bring greater value to all that I harvest
- Give me boldness to step out in faith.
Right Ground for seed
- Lord show me the right ground for my seed
- I thank you for already prepared the place to sow
- I thank you for a yield from this ground.
- Father I speak a covering over seed in Jesus’ name!
- Wherever it has been sown, cover it oh Lord.
- Whatever has devoured seed in my family will not devour mine!
- Father I call up any seed sown by my forefathers. Seed that is still in the ground to rise in Jesus’ name!
- I come against any strongholds, and any principalities that are standing up against my forefathers’ seed!
- Whatever was sown for me to harvest shall be harvested in Jesus’ name!
- We call up the seed of faith to arise in Jesus’ name
- Every seed of prayer in my bloodline arise
- Every seed of spiritual gifts, arise in Jesus’ name!
Favour in harvest
- Father I thank you for you are God of the harvest!
- We pray for favour in harvesting season. I pray for favour wherever my feet step
- I pray for favour with labourers and with other sowers in Jesus’ name
Obedience in harvest
- Lord may I not forget you in jubilation
- May I remember you in harvest as I did in sowing!
- Father grant me grace to be obedient even as I receive a seed to sow.
Proverbs 15:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 Plans fail for lack of counsel,
but with many advisers they succeed.
- Father surround me with the right counsel in seed time as well as in harvest.
- Prune my life of anyone there for the wrong reason
- Any person who will cause my seed to not thrive, may they be removed from my sphere in Jesus’ name.
- Lord I thank you for my nation.
- I thank you that even when I don’t recognise it, you have purpose for my nation.
- We pray that you would breathe renewed life into my nation in Jesus’ name.
1 Timothy 2
- Father I thank you for all my leaders. I pray for grace as they lead
- I thank you for their families, bless them oh Lord.
- I pray for a new generation of leaders to arise in due season.
My family: prayer points for seed sowing
- Lord I thank you for the family that you gave me.
- I thank you for covering them all these years
- Bless them with long life and good health
- I thank you for a wonderful team
- I thank you for the opportunity to have faithful vision filled people to go through each day with.
- Bless them oh Lord. Their dreams will come to pass in Jesus’ name!
Thanks for every who will pray with us this month. As you have laboured with these prayer points for seed, may the Lord show us and show himself strong on your behalf.
God bless you.
Originally posted 2017-02-06 17:25:27.