Prayer Points for Success
Prayer for Success
Success is a very personal thing for most people. Our experiences and backgrounds are unique. This makes us see different things as being successful. For someone simply having a roof over their head is success. For another, having children is success. For yet another, simply seeing a new day is a success. What does prayer for success look like for you?
Today, our perceptions of success have come under scrutiny. Social media makes it harder to accept that what we have is enough, or that what we had initially considered to be success, is success. Success has become about what you have, and not who you are as an individual. The scripture encourages us to store our treasure away in heaven where moth and rot cannot ruin it.
The tragedy is that the church is beginning to adopt that mantra of ‘whoever has the most toys wins’. The model that was set by Christ is being forsaken by leadership within the church. This then filters down to the rest of the congregants. What does success look like for you? How does that mirror success in Christ’s eyes? Jesus’ ministry lasts a mere 3 years, yet the impact still shakes the planet today. The apostles who turned the world upside down had nothing to their names. They left it all to pursue Christ.
2 Tim 3:
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
Yet these are the times that we are in now.
This is not to say there is no value for money. Far from it. The church needs money. Resources build most of what we do. Church growth accelerates when resources are handled well. That is the value of stewardship. This is what we have lost in leadership; stewards. Success is being a great steward of the things that Christ has handed to us. When we hand position and possession to people who are not prepared to be stewards of it, they plunder it or bury it.
Let these prayer for success points bring you transformation.
Make me a good steward
One of the greatest crises facing the church today is a lack of good stewards. Leaders want to hold onto to God and to things of the world with another hand. The resources that filter through the churches have become tools of personal enrichment.
Our prayer is, Lord make me a good steward. It may take a while, but good stewards will always see their reward, while bad stewards lose it all. Miracles and your gifting should never become a validation of who you are in Christ. The bible tells us that some will say Lord I healed in your name, and he will tell them to get away from him. You and I are stewards of our gifting. Functioning in them is not a sign that you are in right standing with the Lord.
10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?
- Lord grant me humility to know and acknowledge the error of my ways.
- Show me how I can be a better steward of my time, of my business, of my job, of my marriage and all else.
- Surround me with people who are not afraid to correct me, no matter what!
Wisdom for success
Sow your seed in the morning and do not be idle in the evening, for you do not know whether morning or evening sowing will succeed, or whether both of them alike will be good.
- Lord you give seed to the sower. Grant me wisdom to know when to sow, and where.
- I refuse to be idle. Make me a worker!
- Give me wisdom for persevere, in difficult times as in easy times.
When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.
- Lord open my eyes to see my pridefulness.
- Make me a true ambassador of Christ, in humility, as he was.
- Dishonour will not be my portion, in Jesus’ name.
Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed.
- Lord remove any bad counsel from around me, whether I realise they are bad or not.
- Send me counsellors that will show me your ways.
- Grant me boldness to stand for you, at any cost.
- Make me a source of good counsel to others.
There is no wisdom and no understanding And no counsel against the LORD.
- Remove me from people who would open their mouths to slander you.
- Grant me grace to show grace to other, and lead them to you.
- Give me a heart for the broken, those who have been hurt by the church, those whose view of you has been marred by these experiences, that I may be a beacon of who you are.
A lazy man does not eat
2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
- Laziness will not be known in my sphere.
- Grant me grace to inspire others to be the best they can be.
- Make of me a hard worker! Make of me a smart worker! In Jesus’ name. Amen
Bless the works of my hands
Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
- Lord teach me to work your way, that my efforts would not be in vain.
- I will not be busy for the sake of being busy. Make of me of person of results.
- Make me profitable in my work.
10 Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. 11 There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.
- Lord grant me opportunity to bless others in my giving.
- Make me a liberal giver, not holding onto to the things of this earth.
- By this shall the works of my hands be blessed!
Set before you an open door
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
- Father I bless your name for watching over me! You know my deeds.
- Thank you for setting before me an open door, one for progression, for success, for peace, for joy in Christ Jesus.
- Thank you for knowing my weaknesses. You are my strength.
- No hand in the physical or spiritual realm can shut the door you have opened for me. I will enter where you said I will enter!
- I will not deny your name, at my lowest, and not forget you at my highest. I keep your word, it is a lamp to my path, a light to my feet.
My Gift Will Make Room For Me
O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me.” In those days I was the king’s cup-bearer.
- I delight in honouring the Lord!
- Grant me success oh Lord, give me favour in the eyes of high authorities. Wherever I set my foot today. Let you favour go ahead of y, and you with me.
- I will know kindness where I have not earned it, by your grace.
In the presence of my enemy
Psalm 23:5 New International Version (NIV) 5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
- You bless me, my enemy knows you bless me.
- Grant them long life, that they may see your goodness in my life.
- No man stands in the the way of your blessings in my life.
Blessing Adds No Sorrow
The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
- Lord if not from you, I dont want it.
- Your blessing makes me rich, in body, in spirit, in substance and more.
- Sorrow is not my portion. You give me joy!
Enlarge My Territory
1 Chro 4:10
Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!” And God granted him what he requested.
- Lord thank you for what you have already given to me. I refuse to become stagnant in this position. Enlarge my territory; grant me enhanced influence.
- May your hand always be with me in all that I do.
- Keep me from harm.
“This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
- Lord make me a disciplined individual in all that I do.
- May your word never depart from my mouth.
- I will learn from it, meditate on it day and night.
- I will do according to all that is written in your word.
- By my obedience, you will prosper me, and give me success.
18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
- I will remember you, my God!
- You are a covenant keeper!
- You are the one that gives me the ability to produce wealth. I refuse to receive it from any other source, but you.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- You have plans for me! Plans that you alone know! Thank you for being mindful of me, oh God!
- Your plans prosper me, and do not harm me.
- You are my source of hope and a future!
Psalm 5:3 (NIV)
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
- Your ears are never shut to my cries, when I call out to you.
- I will call out to your every morning, with praise, with honour, with reverence!
- My requests are laid before you, I know to wait expectantly. You watch over your word to perform it.
Romans 8:18 (NIV)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
- Grant me grace and foresight to not be too concerned with the “now”.
- My present sufferings are temporary! Your glory will be revealed in me.
Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
- Lord grant me heavenly focused, that I may not be consumed by each day’s trouble and toil.
- May I not dwell on what has passed, by look ahead.
- Grant me strength to strain towards what is ahead, no matter what.
- I press on towards my goal to be with you in heaven. All else is vanity.
II Corinthians 12:9-11 (NIV)
But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- Lord give me wisdom to recognise when I am weak, that I may lean on you.
- Your strength in made perfect in weakness.
- I shan’t be ashamed of my weakness, rather celebrate your glory in lifting me beyond them.
- Let me truly understand that when I am weak, then I am strong, in Christ!
Psalm 37:23-24 (NIV)
The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
- I delight in the Lord! My steps are made firm in him.
- I may stumble, but the Lord upholds me from falling.
- Your hand is on me. Thank you!
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- I press on in all I do.
- Failure is not my portion.
- Though I may struggle, you give me strength. In you I can do all things.
4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- I delight in the Lord. I delight in following his commands.
- You give me the desires of my heart.
- Shape what my heart desires oh Lord!
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
- Father prune my company. Remove those you know will drag me down. Remove those that would drag me away from you, and from your will.
- Surround me with those that delight in your will, that I too may walk in your will.
- I thrive in any place that I find myself.
- My efforts yield fruit in season and my leaf will not wither!
- Whatever I do prospers.
3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
- I begin nothing without you oh Lord.
- You are the foundation of all that I build.
- You establish my plans.
1 King 2:3
3 and observe what the LORD your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go
- I observe what you require of me, oh Lord.
- I am obedient.
- I keep you commands and decrees, your laws and regulations.
- I do this, and prosper in all that I do.
26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
- Lord this is the greatest of my cries to you. May my heart never be taken by the things of the world.
- Open my eyes, that I may not go astray and think that I am walking with you still.
- I refuse to win the world at the cost of my soul.
- You reward me for walking in your ways.
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- The pattern of the world will not be my patterns. I walk and live for and in Christ.
- Father, transformation is my portion, as you renew my mind.
- I will test and see your good, pleasing and perfect will.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Fear is not my portion. You make me brave. You make me bold.
- You are with me in all I do. I shall never know dismay.
- You strengthen and help me.
- Your righteous right hand upholds me.
7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
- I trust in you! I trust in you! I trust in you, oh God!
- My confidence in in nothing, but you. Not in possession or position.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” 29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
- You have commissioned me to be fruitful. I am fruitful.
- I have dominion over all that you give to me.
- I reap a bounty harvest.
The chief jailer did not supervise anything under Joseph’s charge because the LORD was with him; and whatever he did, the LORD made to prosper.
- I am a good steward. By this am I entrusted with all things in my care.
- Whatever I do, the Lord causes it to prosper.
- My work will be testament to your glory!
“Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.
- I am careful to do according to your law.
- You have made me courageous. You are my strength.
- I will not turn away from your ways. By this shall I have success wherever I go.
2 Chronicles 26:5
He continued to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding through the vision of God; and as long as he sought the LORD, God prospered him.
- I see you, you cause me to prosper.
Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
- May personal glory never be at the forefront of anything that I do.
- Father forbid that I would think I am doing things for you, when I am doing them for my own glory!
You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- I will remember you, Lord in all I do.
- You give me the power to create wealth.
- I am a good steward of all you give to me.
- Pride is not my portion.
- You keep your covenant.
He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
- You have made me upright.
- You cause me to succeed.
- Grant me grace to walk blamelessly, that you name my be glorified.
- You are a shield for me!
Thank you for praying with us. May your prayer for success yield. God is faithful. We would love for you to partner with us in prayer and other work that we do. Our team of volunteers makes all of this possible. If you would like someone to pray with you or just to talk about something, we would be honoured to help. Send in your prayer requests.