Praying for Arkansas
Welcome to our post, ‘Pray for Arkansas.’ In this article, we will provide valuable insights on offering meaningful prayers for the state of Arkansas. Our prayer points are carefully compiled and focus on economic growth, safety, and the overall well-being of residents. We understand the importance of praying for the state’s leaders, regardless of their personal opinions, and have included information about them in this article.
Join us in this spiritual journey to uplift the state of Arkansas and its people through the power of prayer. This post will inspire you to pray for this great state and its residents with renewed purpose.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.
This rings true for every nation, state and home today. Mighty empires have risen and stood, seemingly immortal. Yet, they have all but fallen. The key reason behind that was forgetting the LORD. They watched in VAIN! They labored in VAIN! Let that not be our testimony as intercessors. Let that not be our testimony as men and women of faith.
Population: The U.S. Census Bureau also provides data on Arkansas’ population, reporting 3,017,804 people as of 2021 . Additionally, the Census Bureau’s QuickFacts estimates the Arkansas population as of 2022 at 3,045,221 . Furthermore, macroeconomic trends indicate that the population of Arkansas in 2020 was 3,014,195, with a small decline of 0.22% from the previous year . The Arkansas Demographics website provides a comprehensive list of the state’s cities by population, with Little Rock being the most populous city with a population of 197,312 as of 2021 .
GDP: According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, Arkansas’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2020 was approximately $135.6 billion. 
Asa Hutchinson is the current governor of Arkansas, serving since 2015. Before becoming governor, he served in various roles, including the Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration and as a U.S. Congressman.
Frank Scott Jr. is the current mayor of Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas. He is the first African American elected to this position. He is a former state highway commissioner with a banking and finance background.
Tom Cotton is a U.S. Senator for Arkansas. He is a former Army veteran and served in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is known for his conservative views and has served in the Senate since 2015.
John Boozman is a U.S. Senator for Arkansas. He is a former optometrist and has served in the Senate since 2011.
Agriculture and manufacturing are the two largest industries in Arkansas. The state is a leading producer of rice, soybeans, cotton, poultry, and other livestock products. According to the USDA, agriculture, food, and related industries contribute roughly $16 billion to Arkansas’s economy annually. The state is a major exporter of rice, soybeans, cotton, poultry, and feed grains . Additionally, Arkansas is one of the country’s top two states producing broilers, accounting for about 41% of the state’s livestock production . Manufacturing is also an important industry in Arkansas, contributing significantly to the state’s gross product .
Common jobs: Farmworkers, Food, and beverage processing workers, and Construction workers. The unemployment rate is 4.0%.
Arkansas is ranked 49th in the country in terms of access to healthcare. 70.7% of residents have access to a regular doctor, compared to the national average of 73.5% . This has led to a higher rate of fair or poor health status among adults in the state, at 19.9% compared to the national average of 13.5%. . Additionally, 19.9% of Arkansas adults report their health status as fair or poor, compared to the national average of 13.5% .
It’s worth noting that Arkansas has faced some challenges in terms of healthcare, such as a shortage of healthcare providers in certain areas and a higher-than-average uninsured rate. However, the state has addressed these issues, such as expanding Medicaid coverage and implementing telemedicine programs .
In 2020, the state’s violent crime rate was 5.5 incidents per 1,000 people, compared to the national average of 5.6 per 1,000 people . The state’s murder rate increased by 39% from 2019 to 2020, with Little Rock seeing a 36% increase in homicides over the same period .
Prayer Points for Arkansas
6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, 7 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.
- Pray for the leaders of Arkansas, that they would have wisdom, guidance, and discernment in their decisions and responsibilities.
- We pray for the families of these leaders, that they would be protected and provided for.
- Let us pray for the state of Arkansas, that it would be a place of peace, prosperity, and protection.
- We pray for the residents of Arkansas, that they would have access to quality healthcare and a good standard of living.
- We pray for a revival in the state, that the church would be strengthened and empowered to be a light to the community.
- Pray for justice and equality: We pray that Arkansas would be a state where civil rights are respected and upheld, and where all residents are treated equally and with dignity. We ask that the ongoing civil rights investigation  would be thorough and just.
- Pray for an end to violence: We lift up the issue of increasing homicide rates in Arkansas, particularly in Little Rock . We pray for the safety of all residents, and that local law enforcement and community leaders would work together to find effective solutions to curb violence in the state.
- Pray for health and well-being: We lift up the issue of access to healthcare in Arkansas, which is below the national average . We pray that all residents would have access to quality healthcare and that state leaders would prioritize policies that support healthy communities. We also pray for those affected by the high lung cancer rates in the state .
- Pray for economic stability: We lift up the issue of poverty and economic hardship in Arkansas, which affects many families and communities. We pray that state leaders prioritize policies that create jobs and economic opportunities for all residents and that families facing economic hardship would be provided for and supported .
- Pray for spiritual renewal: We pray for a revival in Arkansas, where the church would be strengthened and empowered to be a light to the community. We ask that the people of Arkansas would turn to God and find hope and healing in His love and grace. May Arkansas be known as a place where God is worshipped and glorified.