As Christians, we are blessed to live in a beautiful state like New Hampshire, with its stunning landscapes, rich history, and vibrant community. However, we recognize that there are challenges that residents face, and prayer can make a difference.
As the Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:6-7, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Let us pray for the economic stability of our fellow New Hampshirites, that they may have secure jobs and financial security. We ask for the Lord’s provision and guidance for local businesses and entrepreneurs that they may thrive and contribute to the state’s economy.
We pray for the safety of our communities, asking for protection against crime, accidents, and natural disasters. We ask for wisdom and discernment for our law enforcement officers, firefighters, and other emergency responders so that they may serve with integrity and compassion.
Lastly, we pray for the health and happiness of all New Hampshire residents. We ask for healing for those who are sick or struggling with mental health issues and comfort for those who have lost loved ones. We pray that our communities will continue to grow in love, kindness, and mutual support, creating a thriving and joyful place to live.
May our prayers for New Hampshire reflect our faith, hope, and love in Christ, and may they be a source of encouragement and blessing to all who call this state home. Amen.
I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
This verse reminds us that our help and support come from the Lord. Regardless of our challenges, we can trust that God is always with us and working on our behalf.
Population: New Hampshire has a population of 1,359,711 as of 2019, making it the 41st most populous state in the United States . This figure is consistent with the US Census Bureau’s 2010 estimates .
GDP: According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of New Hampshire was $72.52 billion in 2020 .
Chris Sununu is the current governor of New Hampshire, having served in this role since 2017 . Before becoming governor, Mr. Sununu served as executive councilor for the state of New Hampshire . He is known for his commitment to promoting the state’s job growth and economic development .
New Hampshire has several mayors, senators, and other leaders. The state has two senators in the United States Senate, Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan, who are Democrats . New Hampshire Senate is the upper house of the state’s General Court, with 24 members representing districts based on population. The senators include John Langdon and Styles Bridges, who held leadership positions .
In terms of mayors, Nashua has the strongest mayoral role statewide, with mayors serving four-year terms instead of the usual two and having a lot of staff they can hire and fire as they please. They also tend to have a high chance of reelection. The second exception is Manchester, where the mayors are elected for a two-year term of office, and the administrative and executive powers of the city are vested in the mayor .
According to the New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism Development, tourism is a major industry in the state, contributing billions of dollars to the economy each year . Additionally, New Hampshire has a growing technology sector, with companies focused on developing cutting-edge technologies like cybersecurity, robotics, and biotech .
Major industries in the state include healthcare, education, manufacturing, and tourism. As for the job market, some of the most common job titles in the state are software developers, sales managers, registered nurses, general and operations managers, and retail salespersons .
New Hampshire has several top-rated hospitals and medical centers, providing high-quality healthcare services to its residents. The state also has a Medicaid program that serves eligible adults and children, ensuring access to needed healthcare services . However, there are still areas where access to healthcare can be improved, especially in rural regions. Disparities exist between urban and rural areas regarding healthcare access, which concerns the state’s healthcare system .
New Hampshire is generally known for its low crime rates and safe communities . However, it is also a fact that there are areas in the state where crime is a concern . In addition, many residents of the state face challenges related to mental health and substance abuse .
New Hampshire faces several challenges, including the increasing cost of living in the state and limited employment opportunities in certain areas . Additionally, the state has been impacted by the opioid epidemic and high poverty rates in some communities .
It is important to note that New Hampshire has a diverse mix of industries, which helps to make its economy more resilient than that of states that depend on fewer industries . The state is also known for its granite quarries, which supplied materials for building structures in Boston and Washington D.C. . Additionally, resources are available to help grow day-neutral strawberry varieties in the region, including Seascape, San Andreas, Albion, Tribute and Tristar .
Prayer Points for New Hampshire
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always pray for all the Lord’s people.
- Heavenly Father, we pray for the leaders of New Hampshire, that they may be granted wisdom, discernment, and integrity to govern the state justly and effectively. (Proverbs 11:14)
- Lord, we lift up the families of the leaders of New Hampshire, that they may be blessed with strength, love, and support as their loved ones serve the state. (Philippians 4:13)
- Gracious God, we pray for peace and prosperity in the state of New Hampshire. We ask that your hand be upon the state’s affairs and that your will be done in all things. (Jeremiah 29:7)
- Lord, we pray for economic growth and job creation in New Hampshire, especially in underprivileged communities. May opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship abound, and may all residents have access to the resources they need to thrive. (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- Merciful God, we pray for an end to the opioid epidemic in New Hampshire. We ask for healing and restoration for those who struggle with addiction, and for access to quality healthcare for all residents. (Psalm 147:3)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for the Church in New Hampshire, that it may be strengthened and encouraged to be a light in the community, sharing the love of Christ with all who cross its path. (Matthew 5:14)
- Lord, we pray for the rising cost of living in New Hampshire, that you may provide for the needs of those struggling to make ends meet. (Philippians 4:19)
- Father, we pray for limited job opportunities in certain areas of New Hampshire, that you may open doors for new opportunities and provide the resources needed for residents to pursue their dreams. (Isaiah 43:19)
- Loving God, we pray for high poverty levels in some communities in New Hampshire, that you may grant relief and support to those in need. (Psalm 82:3)
- Lord, we pray for all the residents of New Hampshire, that they may experience your love and grace in their lives, and that they may know you as their Lord and Savior. (John 3:16)
- Pray for the leaders of New Hampshire. May they be guided by wisdom and courageously make decisions that benefit the state and its residents.
- Pray for the families of the leaders. May they be surrounded by love and support as they serve the state.
- Pray for the state of New Hampshire. May it experience peace and prosperity, and may the Lord’s hand be evident in all its affairs.
- Pray for opportunities for economic growth and job creation, especially for those in underprivileged communities.
- We pray for access to quality healthcare for all residents and an end to the opioid epidemic.
- We pray for the church in New Hampshire, that it may rise up and be a light in the community, sharing the love of Christ with all who cross its path.